Botox & Diazepam

Hi Rosey,

Wearing shoes with a block heal actually helps a little bit as my foot does not really want to be flat. It has to be quite a thick block as balance would be effected with a thin one.

I too have collected gadgets including a £700 SAFO which was great at first but then I think the Spasticity has got worse and is now stronger that the SAFO. The physio gave me the foot up and 2 AFOs. I also have a brace from Foot Scientific in the states. This is similar to the foot up but is better /stronger at dealing with the spasticity pull than the foot-up.

I can walk slowly and badly with the dog for an hour with a walking pole. I have not worked up to that more down to that. In other words 2 years ago I could do more.

My target at the moment has gone from getting better to not getting any worse.

One thing that some people dont know is that you can have Transverse Myelitis and “appear to recover”. But the inflammation from the TM may have damaged the nerves and although they seem to be working OK can be primed to degenerate at a later date. This degeneration appears to be progressive.

With regard to foot drop recovery, my understanding is that if you have RRMS and wake up one morning with sudden bad foot drop, this is caused by inflammation and you may recover after the relapse has gone, expecially with the help of steriods. Gradually developing Foot drop (like mine) will not be responsive to steriods ( I have tried) as the problem is not caused by temporary inflammation but instead gradually death of neurones within the spinal cord. This type of foot drop unfortunately will stay as there is no cure at present to repair those neurons. Scientists are working hard on neuroprotectives. One has shown promise but is likely not to be available to us for 2 years.

I hope this helps you understand more.

Take Care

Moyna x

Hi Rosey,

Wearing shoes with a block heal actually helps a little bit as my foot does not really want to be flat. It has to be quite a thick block as balance would be effected with a thin one.

I too have collected gadgets including a £700 SAFO which was great at first but then I think the Spasticity has got worse and is now stronger that the SAFO. The physio gave me the foot up and 2 AFOs. I also have a brace from Foot Scientific in the states. This is similar to the foot up but is better /stronger at dealing with the spasticity pull than the foot-up.

I can walk slowly and badly with the dog for an hour with a walking pole. I have not worked up to that more down to that. In other words 2 years ago I could do more.

My target at the moment has gone from getting better to not getting any worse.

One thing that some people dont know is that you can have Transverse Myelitis and “appear to recover”. But the inflammation from the TM may have damaged the nerves and although they seem to be working OK can be primed to degenerate at a later date. This degeneration appears to be progressive.

With regard to foot drop recovery, my understanding is that if you have RRMS and wake up one morning with sudden bad foot drop, this is caused by inflammation and you may recover after the relapse has gone, expecially with the help of steriods. Gradually developing Foot drop (like mine) will not be responsive to steriods ( I have tried) as the problem is not caused by temporary inflammation but instead gradually death of neurones within the spinal cord. This type of foot drop unfortunately will stay as there is no cure at present to repair those neurons. Scientists are working hard on neuroprotectives. One has shown promise but is likely not to be available to us for 2 years.

I hope this helps you understand more.

Take Care

Moyna x

I have had Multiple Sclerosis for four years, feels more like ten years. I’ve had most of the known/unknown symptoms and received nothing reliable, medication wise, all I get Now a days is Duloxatine even though I have never suffered from depression, really bad Anxiety, fatigue etc but never depression now I can’t come off them, I tried to reduce my intake very Slightly and slowly, I allmost killed myself with an overdose. Oh yes I also take illegal diazapam and marijuana,I live in the UK hence ILLEGAL. I’ve smoked weed on and off for over 30years and it hasn’t turned me into a Swamp organism. the valium I buy from my dealer which my Doc won’t prescribe me for My terminal illness(incase I become addicted) well and truly does wonders for me Day to day. I have accepted that I’m dying slowly,all I want,the last thing I’ll ever ask anyone for again is comfort,I receive Therapy, it’s nice to get out of my house/Prison for an hour but that’s the only real good it does for me. Sorry I’m such a grump but I think I have good reason to be!!

Do you really believe that MS is a ‘terminal’ disease? It’s really fairly unusual for someone to die ‘of’ MS. I’m not saying MS isn’t a contributory factor in many deaths, but in and of itself, MS is not terminal.

Do you mean that you have (primary) progressive MS?

Many people do use marijuana for neuropathic pain. It’s true that it really does help very many people. And as such I’m firmly of the belief that it ought to be legalised. Actually not just for medical use, it should just be legalised as it does less harm imo than many legal drugs, such as alcohol.

And those who can’t source cannabis for their MS pain, use CBD paste, which I think also has great results.

I’m not so sure about illegal Valium, but honestly, that’s your choice. I have no issues with your choice of drugs.

I’m just disagreeing with you about your wording of MS being terminal.

All the best.

Sue

1 Like