Start DMT after holiday?

Well done, good decision.

The other guys in here have given the good arguements and I started Tec 2 weeks ago because I didn’t want the next relapse to take my mobility away or change my current life balance.

I have no side effects and if you do then there is plenty of help out there to remedy them or options to change DMD.

All the best,

Roobs x

Hi Roobs, think tec would be my next choice as and when I get the MS diagnosis. Decided to treat although currently CIS as thought then I’d feel that I was doing something if that makes sense. Now I’ve decided I just want to get started though.

Morning Smurf, it took about a month for me from signing the paper work to my first injection at home with an active nurse (Plegridy) it does just become a routine - I was dead against meds at first (didn’t even take Ibruprofen now I take daily pain medication) but the thought of what might happen without them outweighed my fear. I am lucky with my side effects and like Roo.Bowen pointed out there is always things they can do to help. I hope time passes quickly for you while you wait

So glad you have made a decision, My mobility issues started in a December and before I saw the Neurologist I had what I now know were 3 relapses in as many months. The final one I never fully recovered from and from walking 14 miles in the previous June left me using a stick permanently. Without wishing to sound alarmist I would always endorse sooner than later.

With regards as to how long it takes to get the medication, I guess it depends on where you are living. I recently changed meds and my prescription had to be authorised by consultant at Birmingham, then it came back to local Ms nurse department then it went to Healthcare at home to be registered and all that took about two weeks. With rebif you will need to be trained on how to inject. I have been on that drug for 7 years and only 1 relapse in that time. I am only changing because of skin site reactions.

AS long as I took 2 paracetamol after injecting side effects were minimal. If I forgot I would get the shivers, teeth chattering feeling very cold then having a melt down even 7 years on but with the paracetamol nothing.

So well done making that decision and keep chasing it up I find that’s the only way to get thing done.

Thanks both, I’m glad that I got the MS nurse on the case before her hols now. She said that the paperwork goes to the hospital pharmacy now so hoping all systems go.

My symptoms are sensory arms/legs and mainly at night. They started last summer and whilst I now feel better (from feeling like I had a bad virus) the sensory stuff is unchanged. I’m CIS as it’s possibly my first episode. I say possibly as did have pins and needles in both lower legs in 1999. Only had lumbar spine MRI at that time. My neurologist said she can’t really rule it in or out for diagnostic purposes. Had 2 MRIs 3 months apart which are unchanged and showed 2-3 possible lesions plus positive LP. Offered DMTs to delay conversion to MS.

Although I’m having DMTs still can’t help but worry about the effects on me if diagnosis is incorrect. I’ve also been tested for Lyme as had a bullseye rash a few months before symptoms. Know Lyme is really difficult to diagnose but know that positive LP can indicate Lyme plus other causes as well as MS. I suppose I’ll have to trust the neurologist and see how things go.

I’m in the South West if anyone knows how quickly I’m likely to get the rebif.