Solitary sclerosis / Primary progressive

Boudica How do you feel about it? I’m so pleased you finally got a diagnosis, it’s been a very long road for you. I know it’s not a great diagnosis to have but I know I was relieved to know what was wrong as I felt like a hypochondriac constantly being told what wasn’t wrong and being poked and prodded by all different doctors. Maybe now you can get any added help you need.

Take care

Cath

1 Like

Thanks Cath.

Actually I am fine about it…I know no-one would welcome a diagnosis of MS. Who the chuff would!

But compared to the HSP one, which carried a 50/50 chance of being passed down to my offspring, it`ll do for me!

All through the years of tests, hospital appointments, sick notes, summonses to DWP etc…I was never made to feel it was all in my bonce! I`m grateful for that.

There`s no different treatments, physio, mind blowing DMDs nor owt to help.

I`m managing it with amitriptyline, Wheelchair Services are great, and my hubby and carers are champion!

Boudsxx

1 Like

Does everyone with ppms walk with aids ? I thought they did as I did before diagnosed with ppms

Hi Alysea, the answer to your question is no…but many do.

Perhaps we could take a poll here…

I am a full time wheelchair user

Boudsx

I have PPMS and sometimes use walking poles outside but only if I’m going more than a mile or so.