PIP Process

BRILLIANT NEWS!

Merry Christmas!

Fay

This may be due to this report:

'Thousands of disability benefit assessments deemed ‘unacceptable’ by the Government’s own quality audits

New government figures reveal private contractors Atos and Capita are failing to meet required performance targets.’

http://www.welfareweekly.com/thousands-of-disability-benefit-assessments-deemed-unacceptable-by-the-governments-own-quality-audits/

I have just been assessed for PIP. they came to my house which was weird and I felt a little intimidated. I had no medical evidence and he said that it looks like I will be awarded the basic daily living but no mobility. this is going from the higher rate of both with DLA. The thing is, I did the assessment twice on two separate websites and both times it said I would get the higher rate of daily living and the lower rate of mobility. Do I get the supporting evidence first before they make their decision, or wait until they have made their decision then contest it with the medical evidence. I don’t know which option is the best one to do. The assessor kept saying that the MS assessments are the ones he dreads! charming! Please help guys xxx

PIP is an NHS paper trail:

Yes, send medical evidence now. You should have sent it with the PIP form to stop the assessor coming to see you.

Send a GP’s letter on what you can and can’t do.

Letters - statements from carers on how they help you with washing, cooking, dressing, driving you etc.,.

A Care Plan from your GP or MS Nurse or Adult Social Care OT, physio or social worker.

Reports from NHS Wheelchair Services - plus ramp and rail details.

So yes - they expect to see all these mobility and social care reports, otherwise they make their own assessment of you

which might be wrong.

Thank you so much for your reply…that realy helps.

Everyone gets stressed about the length of times you have to wait for decisions i had my face to face assessment on February 21st I received a letter on March 14th saying that they now had a;; the information but waiting to hear about a decision is really making me feel ill I HAVE HAD ms NOW FOR OVER 40 years and have officially retired I have used a wheelchair for many years Will they ever give me an answer Dodi

My PIP process took 12 weeks.