Hi Sue,

Thank-you for your message welcoming me to the forum.

Sorry it’s took me a bit to get back to you but unfortunately I had a couple of technical glitches that have now thankfully been sorted out.

I have read some of the 'said ’ Brain Fog and had a good chuckle at it and not to worry I won’t get lead astray because as you said people manage that themselves. I’ve been reliably informed though that there’s ‘Gin’, ‘Cheese’ and anything I need to buy like ‘Lightbulbs’ available but what I would like to know is who’s got the 'Chocolate '.

Now that I’ve finally joined the group I’m hoping to be able to offer and share my support, information and advice and in return find myself some as unfortunately I’ve had no support network in place and I don’t actually know anybody else personally that has MS so being part of this I’m hoping will help me immensely.

Hope you’re keeping well?

Twinkle Toes x

Hello Twinkle

Um I should mention that I am actually a lightweight and a cheap date with regard to alcohol. I’m generally restricted to one gin (home double, not a DC double), plus perhaps a couple of smallish glasses of wine at a time. There are others who are more unrestrained in their gin consumption. Not to mention Jameson’s and other brands of whisky.

And the person who is most likely to have all the chocolate is Grandma. She’s not always a very frequent visitor to the Fog, but I have it on good authority (ie hers) that the place to look for chocolate of all varieties is in her knitting bag.

Sue

Hi Twinkle toes thanks for your message. Finding a diagnosis hasn’t been straightforward for me . It was originally thought of as stress back in 2010, at that time I was suffering from a lot of neurological symptoms but still walking and I believed that maybe they were right . But in 2013 I was very unwell and completely lost my mobility, I couldn’t weight bear at all , since then I’ve slowly got a bit back in my home but not outside and my driving licence was revoked because of cognitive difficulties. I have used a wheelchair for nearly 5 years . Ms has a lot of mimics so I’m just going to have to wait for answers . I put it down for a long time and excepted a functual neurological diagnosis …which is a diagnosis often given when they can’t see any evidence on the mri. The Neuro I am now seeing is thinking that there is more going on so I’m having more tests done. I feel as if I’ve come to accept my disability as unknown. Whether I’ll find out what it is I’m not sure , I d like closure but I’m Okay with not having all the answers, it’s been hard to get to this stage , but I’m of the mind that it would make very little difference . Michelle and Frazer xx

Hi Sue,

Oh right, so you’re a lightweight and cheap date are you - where alcohol is concerned that is. I couldn’t even manage a sniff of wine these days as it would go straight to my knees (not sure what that’s all about). So it’s just juice for me - very cheap night out indeed. Mind you, I often wonder that if I did consume a certain amount of alcohol would it actually right my balance as like many others my legs have a mind of their own sometimes and maybe the alcohol would help - medicinal purposes only of course.

Ah, so it’s the lady that goes by the name of Grandma that has all the Chocolate and it’s in her knitting bag - I shall try to remember that.

Twinkle Toes x

On the subject of alcohol consumption, I do enjoy a glass of wine (or even two sometimes) but think maybe I should consume a little bit more, as I often feel so wobbly in the evenings I must look p****d so why not just go for it. Wonder whether AD has a stash of air bags for humans in his ginormous warehouse in case I fall?

Tippy x

Hi Michelle & Frazer,

Wow, it certainly sounds like you’ve gone through a lot over the past few years and I know just how that feels. I think sometimes they find it difficult to give an actual diagnosis as so many symptoms are similar, if not the same and then they have to start ruling things out rather than in.

Maybe like you said it could be more of a functional neurological diagnosis going on and hopefully when you’ve had these next lot of tests done that you might be able to get some answers. I think you’re being very brave about not necessarily getting the answers you want or an actual diagnosis (as such) and being ok about it. You’ve already gone through so much and that will of made you stronger and able to deal with whatever comes your way and I’m sure you’ve got plenty of help and support around you.

I hope everything goes well for you.

Twinkle Toes x

1 Like

Ah Tippy, so maybe you’re thinking along the same lines as me then that if we consumed more alcohol that it might help with our balance.

Twinkle Toes x

Aww thanks twinkle toes , it’s not been easy . For a long time I felt totally worthless as if it was my fault …all in my head ect …throw away comments like "you can get better if you want to " didnt help. For along time i felt trapped inside a dark cave …like i could see a chink of light but it was impossible to climb out . Id love to turn back the clock, wouldn’t we all. Cognitive behaviour therapy really helped …It was suggested that it might be the answer cure me ?? In some ways it done better than that . It taught me to come to terms with being in a wheelchair …I was so ashamed of being in a chair and felt so guilty for bringing this burden on my family especially as it was hinted as a stress related disorder. I never give up on getting better but no longer stress about finding the reason. My outlook and attitude has changed. I’m actually happy and feel as if I’ve got my sparkle back . I do a bit of voluntary work and have as much adventure as I can with my children . These days i forget that im in a wheelchair, when I’m zooming along the streets with Frazer. Michelle and Frazer xx

Hi Michelle & Frazer,

Sounds like you have previously been through a lot but now you’re in a much better place and have even got your sparkle back and that’s great and very positive too.

I’m sure that your family and friends have never doubted you and only supported you through everything and will continue to do so no matter what the future holds.

Maybe some of your positive attitude will rub off on others, well if we can all keep up with you that is with you zooming along.

Twinkle Toes x

Hi & welcome. I wrote you a longer response last night, then accidentally deleted it before posting! Speak more soon. Sonia x

1 Like

Hi Sonia,

Thank-you for your message and welcoming me to the group.

Not to worry about deleting the longer post that you did originally, I think we’ve all done that more than once. Anyway, you did send a message and that’s what counts, thank-you.

Hope you’re keeping well?

Twinkle Toes x

1 Like

Still hanging on just about x

1 Like

Aww, well you hang on in there Sonia and remember you’re not on you’re on own.

Twinkle Toes x

1 Like