Memory problems

No, Juliet, you really should not … But some of the profession could do with tarring, and feathering as well.

There is nothing wrong with psychometric tests. The problems come when people try to use one test to select for a particular ability. Some of the commercial Occupational Psychologists do this all the time.

I once had the opportunity to run a batch of personality tests on some sections of a (sporting) National Squad. The body that picked up the tab thought that they would find out how to choose the potential top performers. My report said that this was not possible, but that the tests could be used to determine the best way to coach each individual, when that individual had already shown great potential. Some people were not happy with these findings (surprise, surprise).

Geoff

hi

a good few years before i had the pleasure of meeting ms

i was working in a school and at staff meetings i could never remember crucial bits of info.

so i bought some gingko biloba and told everyone in the staff room

at the next staff meeting someone asked me how i was doing with the gingko biloba and i had to confess that i couldnt remember where i had put it!

it gave them all a chuckle though!

carole x

I think my neurologist wants to talk to me about DMDs on Monday, so I’m trying to read up on them again, and make notes of all my questions, to take with me. I read something, turn to my notebook and then I have to look back at the literature to remind me what the question was. Sometimes upwards of 3 times!! It’s taking forever!!

Hi folks,

It was really good reading this post as I underwent cognative testing with a Neuro Psychologist just last week…no idea how I’ve done yet :-s

Jools

X