Just been diagnosed with PPMS

Hi Don,

Pleased to see you back, like Pam and Michelle I’ve missed you!

Hope you and Heather are as ok as it’s possible to be!

Take Care,

Nina x

So I’ve got my next go at a lumbar puncture next week, guided by X-ray, so hopefully it works this time. Not the best procedure I guess. I’ve moved on a bit since I was told it was almost certainly PPMS, it’s weird how you adjust mentally. The shock has receded, and I feel okay. On the other hand, I feel exactly the same physically, although I have been shattered the last two days and had a nap both days. Walking is more difficult, I stop frequently for a rest, but it’s not an issue as such. Ho hum, hot weather is a killer, and I’m being much more careful about trying ot keep cool.

Also bought some CBD paste and taking that - man that tastes gross!! So now I’m self medicating wtih D3, B12, biotin and CBD oil. Drinking a large glass of wine now…

Hi all My first post so just introducing myself. I was diagnosed with PPMS last March 2017 so relatively newly diagnosed. Unfortunately I have progressed quite quickly. I already using a stick at that point but now need a chair when going out. Also need someone to accompany me as I am unable to self propel due to my right sided weaknesses. I have found fatigue to be the biggest issue which impacts on my cognition. Along with the ms fog I have stopped working and hoping for medical retirement. I found coping with work along with all the physical symptoms I have was overwhelming. I have found this thread strangely comforting as I no longer feel so alone. I will check in again soon.

1 Like

You’re far from alone Mrs D. There’s quite a few newly diagnosed with PPMS & it wont change. It just gets worse, but we learn to cope & find new ways of dealing with our problems. Try not to settle in to using a wheel chair. Use it or lose it. Keeping them limbs moving will help with a better future.

You’ve finished work & that’s the good side. Good luck getting the finances sorted. There’s plenty of help about, if you know who to ask. Just don’t ask those you can sense are wrong.

Try using a Circulation Booster to stimulate muscles & give the body some good nutrients.

The heat is a problem, so buy a fan & a paddling pool. When the colds a problem, get an electric blanket & hot air blower.

Everything is going to be fine, with a glass of wine.

Terry

Thankyou Terry

your comments and advice are appreciated.

Any recommendations for a circulation booster as there seems to be a very big market with a vast scope of prices.

helen

2 Likes

So today is the day of my second go at a lumbar puncture, not looking forward to it at all, but am sure it will be faster and easier with an X ray guide. Wish me luck!!

Hi Anne,

Hope everything goes well for you this time, as I’m sure it will and at least this time you know what to expect so you’ll have been able to prepare yourself better :slight_smile:

Good-Luck.

Twinkle Toes x

1 Like

Only just seen this, did it go ok? Hope you’re feeling ok. Sonia x

1 Like

I too was diagnosed at 49. I’m 62 at the weekend.

The best bits of advice I had at the time were:

1. Don’t put your life on hold

and

1. Don’t worry too much about what might happen because it might not.

All the best to you.

2 Likes