I've been ill before but ...

Hello Annah.

I can’t really add anything new but a lot of us have had to deal with the life-changing consequences of PPMS. Use this forum to say what you want as there is always someone willing to listen and reply. The future is there whether you like it or not and there are many things to help us get by. I have two electric wheelchairs and a scooter. Without those, I’d be well stuffed. I do a lot of writing. Even if no-one reads it, it’s still a form of release. I’ve adapted the kitchen to allow me to still cook; it wasn’t a drastic or expensive procedure but it’s just a little something that helps.

Best wishes, Steve.

4 Likes

Everyone on here is fantastic I read posts and I’m so proud of you all.:heart:

3 Likes

Hi Pat

Thanks for your reply, thanks for being there. I am really struggling with acceptance and living one day at a time. I mostly cope by distraction but then when I can’t distract myself anymore I think and my thoughts aren’t positive.

anna xx

1 Like

Hi Anthony

Thanks for your reply, thanks for being there. Where is there, are you still living on the south coast? I can understand you being relieved to give up such a heavy workload but … being happy with PPMS is something I am really struggling with. I keep hoping that all the tests are a mistake and the diagnosis is wrong. I even got myself tested for Lyme Disease because my son read an article saying that it mimicked MS! HaHa!

anna xx

2 Likes

Thanks Pat, you do live a full life despite your limitations. I will have to research LDN. I very much like the thought of a cleaner :wink: anna xx

2 Likes

Thanks Mick for replying and for being there. You’re right about letting a bad day go. On a bad day I can’t wait to take my amitriptyline and fall asleep and hope that tomorrow will be better. Now I don’t entirely use amitriptyline as a sleeping tablet but it is very good at making me not care about my tingling and prickling and pains! anna xx

Relaxing with a Galaxy sounds like a wonderful plan. Unfortunately as I have become less active and more inclined to reach for said Galaxy as a comforter I have gained rather too much weight. My daughter is now the junk food police and throws my stash away. I have turned my Cocopops box round to the plain side to hope it blends in with the Special K! And what ,may I ask, is so special about K?! anna xx

1 Like

Hi Pam, thanks for replying and thanks for being there. I like the idea of knitting for special care babies. I do knit but my daughter-in-law didn’t want to dress my grandson in hand knitted clothes. I think baby Alfie sounds adorable. I have a brown toy poodle puppy and my daughter a black, old and rather grumpy toy poodle. They make us get up and even out don’t they :slight_smile: anna xx

thanks Nina. xx

It has taken me all this time to get my laptop out. I was struggling with the ipad.

You are all so welcoming and an inspiration as you not only cope with PPMS but live awesome lives despite it.

thanks, anna xx

1 Like

Crazy Chick you have been through so much. Life can be so difficult can’t it? (Please tell me that your blindness was only temporary?) Despite it all you manage to smile and you have made me smile. How are your chickens today?

anna xx

1 Like

Thanks M xx

Thanks for the hug Polly xx

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions Steve. May I ask when you realised you needed a wheelchair? xx

That’s not a bad idea! :slight_smile: xx

1 Like