Fampyra

Hi Stevie, it’s one of those things. Not everything works for everybody.

Personally I think it’s because MS is probably a whole bunch of neuro conditions all under the umbrella of MS… I don’t just means the ‘types’… PPMS etc… but I think a bunch of different conditions that have got different causes… so new drug therapies will only work for some people. Does that make any sense? Hope so.

Thank you for being honest and I’m very sorry you haven’t had success with it.

Pat x

Worked well for me but I know it’s only meant to work for a third of people. You can get it from Healthcare at Home or from BUPA’s home delivery service from around £190 a month.

I have just started Fampyra. £240 for 56 tablets (month supply) from Dicksons Pharmacy, Rutherglen, Glasgow. 0141 531 4124

John, I get mine through Heathcare at Home Burton on Trent £182 per month! You just need refferal letter and prescription from consultant. They are really good to deal with, and deliver to you at home or work? Chris :slight_smile:

I cannot get the required prescription, a huge brick wall of NO, I’ll not write all the letters/words I’d like to say. I don’t get published if I use expletives. Take care, I’m so glad it works for you that can get it. M x

have a look at thecompounder.com website at 4ap for ms

Hi all… this post has interested me a lot. Ive never heard about this drug before, and as im on no medication at all, will mention it to my MS Nurse at my appointment next week. I live in Wales and as prescriptions are free for MS & other disability related conditions, it will be interesting to see what my Nurse says. … I’ll keep you all posted :slight_smile:

Sounds very positive hearing about fampyra success my ms consultant said that yes i do qualify for a months trial but has put meon baclofen and lyrica till i see him in sept neither seem to have helped with my walking do u think i should try to get fampyra sooner?

kind regards

lozzie

Obviously works for some people, which is fantastic. But, after 3 weeks trial, with no noticeable improvement, came off Fampyra. Since then, walking is much worse than is was before I started. Hoping this is just a blip! Anything is worth a try, just be prepared for disappointments along the way! Keeping hopeful. Maybe stem cell?

Hi everyone,

I relocated from France 7 months ago and I am taking Fampyra for a year now.
In France, this treatment is totally paid by social security, so I receive my tablets from over there through post mail (thanks to my mother and my french pharmacy).

As a feedback, it improved just a bit my walk, obviously not as much as I was expecting.
From this point of view, I must admit I am a bit disappointed.

However as a global result, my muscle tone has really improved, my tiredness has been reduced compared as it was before starting the treatment (I have a 20 months old baby and another one to come soon, which means I can’t rest and sleep as I would need to) and my focus ability improved allowing to go back to full time job.
This global result makes me want to keep on the treatment.

As side effects, I just feel a bit dizzy and unbalanced for a few minutes after swallowing the pill, but nothing that can’t be handled.

It must be taken every 12 hours on an empty stomach (no food 2 hours before and 1/2 hour after), which needs a real time organisation.

Hope this will help. Feel free to contact me for any further information.

Kind regards

Hi my neurologist said today he thinks Famridine might help getting more mobility but it’s not on the NHS he said could get first month free then be about £200 a month but not said how I can get it or where to get it, sounds like be worth a try can anyone help in advice to get it or how?

Where can I get this drug to try or buy?

Ian,

May I respectfully suggest you do a search in the forum for the term ‘Fampyra’ - it should yield several threads where this medication has been tried by many, many different folks, and there will be many posts reporting all sorts of results …many of which will include posts considerably more recent than the ones in this thread.

By the way, I tried this medication a couple of years ago and it only improved things for a few days and then my balance, footdrop and leg strength/spasticity were worse than they ever were before trying the drug.

They’ve been worse ever since.

Dom

1 Like

I have PPMS and can’t afford Fampridine so sitting at home alone all day