ESA supersession/appeal help needed

Sorry she is not in relapse DOH my brain she is in remission lol.x

Thank you. You are right, I have shot myself in the foot by just getting on and not bothering the doctor with every symptom - for example, I lost my balance due to the MS and fell all the way down the stairs recently, badly bruising my shoulder, but I didn’t think it necessary to bother the doctor because what could he do? I suppose if I had pestered them about every symptom, instead of doing my own research and getting advice on here etc, I might be in a better position.

We might be able to claim more tax credits but nothing else as my husband works full time. You’re right that it just doesn’t pay to work nowadays. If I left my husband tomorrow, I could get a council bungalow with a walk in shower and full ESA reinstated. But because we have both worked, I have to struggle with stepping into the bath and getting up and down stairs and my money has stopped. The council won’t pay for my bathroom to be adapted because my husband works, but we couldn’t possibly afford to finance it.

When you think about it it really is disgusting the way we are treated.

Sadly its been this way for too long. Its a country based on benefits but not for those who work. The ones who work basically keep the others at home.

I really feel for you its a no win situation. But in future I think you need to pester your doctor that is why you paid into the system all those years.

My husband gets cross with me Perky because when I am really bad I dont bother whats the point they cant help me just fill me up with more drugs, that make me fall over even more…

We are now a nation of non workers and it is getting worse.

You are better off as a single mum how sad is that.

My husband is 66 and I am 60. He cant afford to leave work, because his private pension is rubbish, and his state pension is about 750.00 per month.

He has worked since he was 14.

I hope you try not to stress too much over this though it will really exacerbate your symptoms.xxx

An update.

As you can see I first asked for a reassessment of my ESA claim due to a worsening of my MS in April. FINALLY it seems I might be getting somewhere, as today I received an ESA50 in the post. There is no covering letter with it though - perhaps to explain that they want information because of my repeated requests to be reassessed - so there’s a possibility that I’ve been sent the ESA50 just as routine, I don’t know.

The last letter I sent the DWP, back in June, included my neuro’s report from this year which stated that I am now secondary progressive as I had suspected. Of course I know this alone won’t qualify me for the support group. I also stated that I am unable to walk 50 metres without stopping - I would struggle to walk ten! I use a scooter when I go out, which is rarely. I added that I would not be able to self-propel a wheelchair due to the numbness and weakness in my right arm.

I’d hoped my letter and neuro report would be enough to see me put in the support group. Does anyone know if that would have been a reasonable expectation ie. do they ever do that? Is sending out an ESA50 routine when asking for a reassessment/supercession? I don’t want to go all the way to Birmingham’s depressing benefits office for a medical again!

Oh and some good news - the council have agreed to help fund a level access shower for my bathroom, and I only have to find £800. Which is a start as they wanted £3,000 before! Not sure how we will scrape together the £800 yet.

An update, and it’s good news! I have been put in the support group for two years, without a medical, and have received all the back pay of my ESA going back to when it was stopped in April.

So for those of you in a similar position, don’t give up! It took 5 months but I was eventually reassessed through my statements on the ESA50(a) and my neuro’s report. I am very relieved and feel vindicated - it was like no-one believed me, but now I feel that they do.

RESULT