"Electric shock" type pain

My husband has PPMS and takes gabapentin 3x daily and amitriptyline at night. Today he experienced some new symptoms - I noticed a couple of red spots on his lower back and when I touched them gently he said it was like I’d sent a bolt of electricity through him. I tried touching him in other places on his back and it affected him along a band that went from his lower left hand side up to his right shoulder - strangely enough his clothing doesn’t bother him but it was sufficiently painful to make him want to return to bed! Will be talking to his ms nurse to see whether he should increase the gabapentin or whether it’s time to try a different neuropathic drug. I did also wonder if he could be brewing shingles so will monitor over the weekend.

Hello, About two weeks ago I woke up in the middle of the night from a severe electric shock stabbing pain on the back of my left arm, below my armpit. It happened when I straightened by arm. It was like a cattle prod. The pain made me scream, but only lasted for two seconds. Since than, I am getting the pain more often, when my arms are at rest, and than movement sparks the pain. I do not get the pain at work, when I am always moving around. It happens when I am sedentary, and than straighten my left arm. My general physician referred me to my neurologist, who did not recognise this as an MS symptom. I already taker 1800 MG of gabapentin a day. Does anyone have any advise?

You have a magnesium deficiency. Magnesium is responsible for muscle relaxation and if you are low all your muscles will be in a state of constant contraction. Take it in a , whole food form , from a company like , Mega Food, their Bone Health has it along with the other needed minerals , calcium, magnesium, Vitamin D3 , Vitamin K. You should not take any individual vitamin alone. Do not take the minerals along with you vitamins as the minerals are bigger and the vitamins will not be absorbed. Also if you look on your multi vitamin and mineral bottle you will either see none of the above minerals or in very small amounts. Yes, you should be able to get magnesium from your foods but keep in mind that the only way for the food to get this mineral is if the soil has minerals in and now a days the soil is depleted and its not enough. Magnesium will also stop, restless leg syndrome, any eye twitches, back pain, muscle pain , joint pain and it helps with the nerves. I would also take a purified Omega 3 and Omega 6 but the only Omega 6 I would take is , GLA. You get a lot of Omega 6 from your foods but that is the bad kind. Make sure you fish oil’s are purified because they contain mercury and other contaminents . I would only use Carlsons and Life Extension , they also have their products 3rd party test for toxicity . Hope this helps , it should!

I have been getting shooting pains in my head and arms for months. Usually after i’ve been still for a while or reaching for something or using a hairdryer. They only last for seconds and then go but leave a massive ache in arm for few more minutes. A recent X-ray shows I have calcific tendinitis in my shoulder. So it’s not always ms. Off for more physio.

First off, I have AS (Ankylosing Spondylitis) which is tough enough. I was dx with MS on Jan 6th and they had me in an MRI for 2 hours in which i don’ fit in properly. Now i am getting “electric shocks”. I have days where i dont have anything and then there are other days. I had over 100 shocks yesterday (1-20-2020) and was woken up at 330 this morning with one and then the fun began, over 50 within 10 minutes. Pain was crazy, i was crying and screaming. I handle a lot of pain as it is, i really don’t really need anymore. Any help would be appreciated.

i was on lyrica - cousin to gaba- for several years. Do remember that getting off the med is horrible, plus I gained over 50 lbs. No one warned me of either.

I was on Lrica and maybe a dozen other meds for legs spasms with a debilitating electric current feeling. Very very painful. I’ve been treated for the sensations for 12 years. Recently I went off a pain med and found my hips were experiencing severe pain. huh, all the meds were covering that up. I go to an osteo and I get a cortesone shot. It isn’t perfect, but pain goes down/shocks go down. I was amazed. For over a decade I’ve been fighting the symptoms and not the cause. I’m getting further treatment so we can find exact causes, but the idea that this is coming from the hip bone/joint was never considered by the ms docs.