Cognitive dysfunction due to my neurological condition

It would depend on where you’ve got lesions as to what symptoms you have. So there’s no doubt you could have cognitive problems without physical deficits. And at your age, you wouldn’t be expecting the age related memory problems lots of us have. You could ask your neuro whether you could be referred to a neuro-psychologist to assess you.

Sue

Just to add to my previous comment- my main issue is holding a thought in my head for more than a few seconds, or as soon as I’ve moved on to something else. So for example, if my husband asks me to get something from upstairs (where I’m going anyway), as soon as I turn the corner, I will, without doubt, completely forget that he asked me to do anything as all!! So normally I have to make two trips.

I would struggle to remember what I’m supposed to be doing (aside from work) if it weren’t for diarys, post-it notes and random scraps of paper.

Hope that makes my issue a little clearer :s

Lion you’re not gate crashing this is an open house party. I can’t advise with any great knowledge on the subject but I do agree with Sue, ask if speaking to a Neuro psychologist could shed some light on your memory lapses. Might it be quicker to speak to your GP to explains your concerns. It’s promising to read you don’t have problems with work, please let us know how you get on.

Jan x

I found out about the new MS Trust StayingSmart website today. Information, videos, tips and tricks about cognitive problems in MS. Seems useful from what i’ve seen so far.

1 Like

Just wanted to say that I haven’t noticed any cognitive problems so far. But the idea of going upstairs to get something, not being able to remember what it is, coming down and going up again! I go upstairs once a day, at bedtime. If anyone ever finds a cure for MS (one that restores lost function), I shall go upstairs five times every day, whether I need to or not, just for the fun of it.

1 Like

I love that. In my case I’d move back into a 3 storey house from a bungalow!