Biotin for Progressive MS

has anyone noticed anything good or bad yet, ive just ordered mine, joy

No difference yet either way. Far too early to tell.

Moyna xxx

Moyna,

You have made my day!! Although it is now April Fools day. l began to think that everyone would get fed up with me banging on about vitd3/b12/LDN/Sativex - and of course Clarks shoes [ got a nice pair on now] and l can wear my SAFO in them.

l enjoy your posts as well - and l am taking by Biotin right now. Keep it next to the lap-top. lt is still a novelty being able to read close up without specs! Had multifunctional lens replacement five weeks ago. Bionic eyes now! lts to go with my SPC [ outdoor plumbing]

80mg Biotin is 8 x 10,000mcg - is that right. As that is about what l take. Shall look into the Co-Q-10 - l see it is on the list of ingredients of the MSSessentials multi tablet [horse size] One of about 40 separate items. Biotin is also on it. 400mcg.

Like you, l only post a reply on things l personally have experience on. Having had 33yrs of PPMS - when l read the posts from folk who are RRMS - it is like a different disease.

Easter started here a couple of weeks ago. Bought 3 new hens to join the old one l have - and they now are all laying - even the duck who has not managed to lay and egg for 2years. She has produced one a day since the youngsters joined them. The new girls are still only laying ‘practice eggs’ lovely dark brown shells - and the duck lays blue eggs. So it is a pretty clutch of eggs every morning.

And l have a new pet - a yearling donkey - Nelson. A friend has given me a straw hat for him - with holes cut out for his ears - it has felt carrots/strawberries/mushrooms on it. lf l can get him to wear it long enough for a pic- it will be my new avatar. My present avatar is of two of my rescue dogs. The rottie is Reg - starved and beaten within a inch of his life - poor soul. And the other is Bliss - found at 3 weeks on a mountain in Romania - The picture was taken the day after Bliss arrived - and you can see how they soon bonded. Reg is such an adorable lad. Bliss is a bit of a madam!!

Hi Spacejacket,

The 80mg was of the statins not biotin. Ubiquinol is coq10 but a better version.

I am glad that you enjoy your pets. I have a little black schnauzer called Pepsi and I love her to bits. I am glad that your eye surgery went well too.

You say that you have had PPMS for 33 years. How old were you when you were diagnosed and did it take time to get that diagnosis. I really dont know what I have yet.

Can I ask were you order the MS Essentials from, I maybe could substitute them for some of my other pills.

Thanks Again

Moyna xxx

biotin is giving me a jipey stomach, anyone else get this

No I am fine on it so far. Maybe it is just the lovely weather but I am feeling full of energy lately.

Moyna xxx

I would just like to voice a concern I have. Personally, I don’t think that taking massive doses of biotin without medical supervision before the benefits/possible side effects are known is such a good idea. MedDay will announce their results very soon, on 24th April and before then, we just do not know. My concern is that taking a high dose of biotin is not comparable to taking a vitamin - at high doses, such as that used by MedDay, it becomes a medicine/drug. Each person of course may choose, but I would just like to voice a little caution and express my opinion clearly that I think it would be better to wait.

2 Likes

I have had no problems on it yet but no obvious benefit either … reckon too early to say so far

l have been very busy the last few days - scrapping all the weeds that have grown up between the bricks on the path - long path - we have a huge garden. Surprised myself at how much l had done - so could this be an increase in energy from the Biotin.

Moyna, l just googled MSSentials - and it was someone on this site who told me about it.

l was diagnosed with MS when l was 34. Prior to that l was extremely fit - used to compete in Endurance Riding - doing 40 mile cross-country on my horse. And l walked miles with my dogs and worked long hours hair-dressing. My MS started when l became pregnant with my daughter. l looked as if l had suffered a stroke. Loss of use and feeling all down my left-side speeched slurred. And worse of all doubly incontinent. As there is no treatment for me - as l have PPMS - l have done as much research as l can - and thats why l take so many supplements. l have not the luxury of time - ‘to wait and see’ - and what l take is not toxic. Having tried many meds prescribed by neuro - all caused such terrible side-effects. l now have no faith in the doctors and so-called experts. And pharmacutical companies are only interested in coming up with drugs that make then ‘loads of money’.

l did wonder about the ‘stem-cell’ treatment - but it is only for RRMS - and also l am too old - and have had MS for too long.

There was an update on the Barts Blog today that might be of interest.

http://multiple-sclerosis-research.blogspot.com/2015/04/biotin-time.html

Thanks Whammel, I saw this too. In 2 weeks the results will be out. There seems to be excitement on the blog in general dont you think.

Moyna x

Thank you for the link Whammel - the up to date interpretation of studies and scientific/medical information on this blog is very valuable, always worth reading.

Apparently the trial was done using 150 people and the primary outcome points are reduction in edss or improvement in timed walk

1 Like

The truth is out there guys, its excitingM

1 Like

It is exciting, I agree, so much seems to be happening

Sonia x

Anyone else trying Biotin. l am taking 8 x 10,000mcg a day.l started on 3 and gradually increased. And l have found l have more energy - and certainly stronger balance. The garden path - and the lower patio [the lost garden] is now scraped clear of a carpet of weeds that have grown up in the seams of the bricks. l am now thinking of digging an area to put in the raspberry canes that l have been given. Just thinking - with new enthusiasm about anything is a plus!! Upping my vitd3 as well as B12.

Moyna - what is the amount of Biotin they used on the Barts trial. l know it was an extrememly high amount.

They are using 300mg but have used previously between 100-600mg but found that they get the same effects with 300mg

it may be that nothing comes of it but you can only pray I guess

l bet it will be like vitd3 - because the supplement is ‘cheap’ - the big pharma companies do not want to know. As they are behind most of the research that is done for all diseases/conditions - they are not going to want a cheap answer.

Welcome to the real world.

They already have patented the quantity and the type if treatment in the U.S. and eu so they have the ability to make money off it!

if nothing else the other pharmaas will then get their act together

hi spacejacket the dose is 30 x 10,000mcg. I am taking 10 of those wee tablets 3 times and day. I feel good with more energy too. I also feel that my foot drop is less severe.

Moyna xxx