work

Wow ! I hope you can stay doing so for a long time yet x

I am newly (ish) diagnosed - first known relapse was Feb 16; diagnosed June 16. I have a pretty full on role as a senior lawyer in a FTSE 100 financial institution. I work full time, manage a team and am in charge of looking after all the mergers and acquisitions done in our group (amongst other things). I love my job and hope to be able to do it for a fair few years yet. My manager and team know about the condition - so I can be open when I need time off for hospital appointments (Iā€™m due to go in to R2 lemtrada next week) and o hope they will be supportive if I need any further adjustments. Time will tell whether my diagnosis means such a full on job is sensible/ manageable - but I certainly intend to give it a go for as long as I enjoy it and feel Iā€™m able!

1 Like

Hello. I was diagnosed aged 29 and am now 60. Initially I had a benign type of MS with few symptoms, I have been SPMS for about 14 years. I still work fulltime. Luckily I have a desk job because it is getting increasingly difficult to walk around. I use a stick when not at work. I shall keep going as long as I can, probably going parttime and eventually retiring. Good luck Star74. Gill

1 Like