wisdom

My favourite quote of the last decade or so -

“None of us have enough money to be able to afford cheap things”. (Dmitri Musafia)

And why is the world in such excitement and frenzy at the birth date next week of someone that many of them don’t believe in?

“The doctor of the future will give no medication, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, diet and in the cause and prevention of disease. ~ ”

i love this one by edison.

ellie x

Love the quote!

Re next week’s birth date… it’s the wrong birthdate anyway, Jesus was probably born in April. The man, Jesus, was definitely born and died at that time - Roman records prove that, they just can’t show who he actually was: normal man or son of God? That’s the belief bit. For most people, next week is bu*ger all to do with his birthday it’s just a festival, a tradition, a celebration, a time for families to come together and have fun. Lonely for many, fun for many. Traditions are fab. Materialism is dreadful - many people are cutting back and just having an opportunity to get together and relax. Nowt wrong with that. Christians are celebrating the birth of Jesus and nothing wrong with that either. Christmas didn’t start as that though, the celebration of Jesus’ birth was hooked onto an already existing tradition (a pagan one!!). I love singing carols, decorating the house, buying the tree etc, playing games and having a traditional Christmas! I’m not celebrating Jesus’ birth anymore but I am celebrating my gorgeous family.

Lesson over

Dx

I suspect a likely reason is the habit of consumerism.

Everyone have a happy, safe and peaceful holiday.

S.

Yes, but although I like traditional carols sung properly, I bellowed at carol singers two years ago who knocked on my front door (interrupting something important) to sing (very badly, not even practised or rehearsed by the sound) “We wish you a Merry Christmas”.

It was awful. They ruined my evening, if not my Christmas.

And my favourite (borrowed from someone on another - non MS - forum:

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is treating it as a vegetable.

Geoff

My faves:

‘If you don’t have the courage to begin then you are already finished.’

‘It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly, than to live an imitation of somebody else’s life with perfection.’

‘You know you are an adult when you stop blaming your parents.’

And my own…

‘Be true to yourself but leave room for those you love.’

Why? They were just passers in the night…

‘Don’t sweat the small stuff’

There is only one thing that money cannot buy…poverty

Wb

and my favourite, borrowed from seasick steve

“i started out with nothing and i’ve still got most of it left”

Hi, there`s always the £ shop!

luv Pollx