Why do they make it so hard.

Hello everyone,

I’m feeling really frustrated… Molly my autistic daughter has been seeing an orthodontic practice for about a year now. and they are being really difficult with me…for most of the appointments my carer has taken Molly for me, but recently it has been difficult for her, so iv’e tried to get them to transfer Molly to a different orthodontic practise on the grounds that theres is not accessible, the practice is upstairs and also i can no longer drive so would need it to be on a bus or train route and its out in the middle of an estate with country lanes and no pavement even if i could get a bus it at least a mile walk no pavements… well they’ve refused I can’t believe that they would do that to me on Tuesday Lee dropped me off but couldn’t stay and it was pouring with rain we were absolutely soaked and they hadn’t even got a ramp to get me through the front door, i ended up in tears it was 8,45 and it took 3 of them to carry me through the front door as my chair is so heavy. I really thought that seeing me in that state they would definitely refer me to another dentist but no they have refused and even lied and said we missed appointments when we haven’t… well Iv’e done the dirty on them and rang the ombudsman so I’m waiting to see what will happen next.

Michelle x

4 Likes

aww michelle thats awful hope you get some answers,its disgusting the way they treat you,it really is

((((((((((hugs)))))))))

J x

2 Likes

Aww Michele, I don’t know why they do these things. Our lives are difficult enough without having to fight for every little thing.

Since becoming disabled I have seen at first hand how they make you jump through hoops.

Good luck with it all you certainly have my admiration the way you cope with things, I tend to give up easily.

Mags xx

2 Likes

Oh Michelle that’s awful, but good for you for getting the ombudsman involved.

These people should hang their head in shame, I bet if the boot was on the other foot, they wouldn’t put up with it.

Fingers crossed you get a more accessible appointment, with people who care.

Pam x

Oh Michelle I’m getting red just thinking about it. I suppose it would be helpful to write a formal letter of complaint to the practice with full details but sometimes it’s too much. Now you have the ombudsman involved, there should be some action.

You have all my support and admiration.

Steve x

1 Like

Write to the practise manager and once you have reply in writing phone your MP mine love this sort of stuff.

Don

1 Like

Honestly Michelle that’s disgusting…unbelievable…well done for writing to the ombudsman.

I hope you hear something back from them soon.

take care of yourself,

Nina x

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the kind messages,

i hate it when people are mean, i don’t want sympathy or special treatment, but i hate injustice at the moment I feel too worn out, i just don’t have the fight in me anymore… The ombudsman well she was actually a lady was very kind and said to leave it with her so I’m hoping she will sort it out… but i couldn’t believe it when i found out that the nasty orthodontic lady had lied about us and said we’d missed appointments… my carer has always taken Molly and we only changed one appointment last year when we were on holiday but let them know well in advance.

Michelle x

1 Like

Stay strong Michelle ((((hugs))))

Pam x

Stay strong Michelle, you know you are in the right. ((((Hugs))))

Mags xx

Hello

Hello its me, just testing to see if it would let me send

Well iv’e done It !!!

The ombudsman sorted it all out and the horrid orthodontic women didn’t get her own way …they think there little gods

We’ve been moved to an accessable dentist …its a train journey but I can do the trains and i can get into the dentist with Molly.

I’m so pleased…a small victory for Michelle !

To everyone else we are tougher than we look don’t ever give up!..still got to sort the crawling on the bus, but its not as big a deal as this one.

Michelle x

1 Like

Well done Michelle, that’s great news!

Nina x

1 Like

Brilliant news Michelle, well done you.

Pam x

Well done you. That was sorted out quick.

Mags xx

Yes it was sorted out quickly…because once they know the ombudsmans involved it puts a bit of fear in them, on my own i think we would have still been arguing the point , because it wasn’t difficult for them to refer Molly …they just don’t like doing it mid treatment and they were being pig headed. so a few friendly phone calls from the ombudsman and they have transferred her… its almost as if they didn’t believe me even though they saw me in the wheelchair and knew i couldn’t get upstairs.

Iv’e had help from them before when i was fighting to get Rosanna (autistic daughter) into a special needs college, we were told we’d no chance by the authority, because it cost too much but once i got the ombudsman involved we got the right college for her. Its funny I find it so much easier fighting for my children than myself…it must be the Lioness in me!

Michelle x

Well done, pleased you got the result you needed.

Jan x