Forum

Where to go on holiday

Me and my wife are looking for a holiday but she has been put off after our last holiday to Turkey. As i use a wheelchair we had airport assistance which was excellent in this country but shocking in Turkey where we had very little help. Can anyone recommend a country to visit and put my wife’s mind at ease. Preferably with some sun. Thanks

I can highly recommend a cruise say on the Med. You are looked after all the time.

Gran canaria. We go to the pretty small ish, quiet town of Puerto Mogan. Built around the small beach, harbour and marina with lots of cafes and restaurants. All on the level and mainly pedestrianised. Airport assistance is trouble free there.

Tenerife (South) airport assistance were brilliant last summer, I hate to say it but Bristol airport were awful!

Bristol airport are (is) awful!

It was a nice little regional airport. Then the city council extended the runway (gotta get the trans-atlantic traffic y’know), and built a modern terminal. Then the US service was discontinued and they sold the airport. Now you have to pay £1 just to drop someone off or pick them up. It is a covered walk to the plane, but you still have to climb the stairs (or get a lifting platform organised).

Geoff

yes, it’s like going back to an airport 30 years ago, before “airbridges” were invented. as for the parking, lets not even go there, luckily i am within a reasonable taxi journey from the airport, however you have to use an “official airport” taxi to get delivered to the door, otherwise its a 10 minute walk from the drop off car park. Bristol airport is awful.

So, woodlandism, have you decided where to go on holiday? I like talking about holidays I’m looking forward to mine already!

I go to fuengirola in spain,the boliches area is all level ideal for wheelchair,assistence at Manchester/Liverpool/Malaga airports always great.

Hi, we have been to Cambrills in Costa Dorada Spain for the last two years, very flat, lovely wide footpath and cycle track linking Salou and Cambrills, Cardiff airport assistance has been fantastic. But I would like to ask if anyone has an deas on other “quieter” areas of Spain to visit please? Thanks

Lanzorote Playa Blanca is great,you can go one end of the resort all way to the other end on a walkway they made few year ago,thats good for w/c.