What causes sudden flare up's?

This might be a stupid question, but I don’t know the answer! What causes a sudden flare up of pain? Been going about quite well all week, then today wake up feeling like I’ve been run over by a large truck. Can’t straighten my back for the pain, all my joints are stiff and sore. Got a banging headache, slurry speech, eyes sensitive to light and I feel spacey/dizzy. I mean obviously if it lasts more than 24 hours it could be a relapse, but this happens all the time. Sudden flare up but eased off the next day. What can I do? Is it just the nature of the beast? I am Fed up and frustrated. Thanks x

Hi Leora

I cant answer your question but i can agree with your comments as this happened to me last week , sudden and out of the blue and lasted for 3 full days the 4th feeling normal as can be when i awoke i hope it passes for you soon and quickly

regards sheep x

Hi Leora

I had a week of feeling ok, then bang this week the pain is back really and im stiff. For me is because my period has started and for some reason my ms does not like periods at all.

hope your feeling better

em x

Sorry you feel so bad.

Rest rest rest is all I can suggest. It is the only thing that will help. Don’t try and carry on. Listen to your body and rest as much as you can.

Hope yo feel a bit better soon.

Shazzie xx

Thanks all. I am resting (and eating far too many biscuits!). Wouldn’t it be nice if there were some warning before these flare ups, so we could prepare better. Was meant to be taking the kids out today and out for dinner this evening, neither of which I will be able to do now. So frustrating, wish I could understand it more, not that it would make any difference! Thanks for your support, hope you all have a good day. I’m off to eat more biscuits! Lx