Weakness in left arm :: Time to go back?

Hi Guys,

I have not seen my GP / Neuro since Feb/March - I got parked in Limbo and told to take 1mg B12 a day - for 6/12 months to see if that helps any… I’m a vegetarian and had my B12 levels checked 3 times prior to this “parking” …

Never really helped, my symptoms are still around but certain ones have become more pronouced over the past 6 months or so. I get an awful lot of muscle fasciculation’s - muscles in my legs and arms are constantly twitching, occurs even when well rested - goes into overdrive if tired etc …

I have always had weakness in the legs but 3 weeks ago I started to get weakness in my left arm which has been getting worse over the past three weeks. I have had the all over body fatigue previous - but this is different, very much located in the left arm …

The weakness in the left arm has me a tad concerned, should I go back to GP/Neuro? alot of my other symptoms have been well behaved, lhermittes, blurred vision etc have not appeared for months now …

Thanks,

hmm apologies for the double post … dont have options to delete one of them.

Have you had mri yet? I too have started with left arm issues, weakness & tremor, also jaw tremor. Went to gp just to keep everything logged. He checked me over but said to wait til after mri as it seems to be linked to all my other “goings on”. Maybe worth logging with gp and just getting checked over? Xx

I’m parked in limboland too. The parking lot is getting very busy as there are so many of us but at least we are never alone! I have the same left arm weakness and muscle twitches. Have you had the EMG test done? Mine showed marked muscle weakness down lefthand side. Still waiting for follow up which should be this month but apparently there are now no appointments til end of January. So the consultant saying see you in November bears no resemblance to the actual date I will get to see her. I take B vits and D vits as levels very low. Personally I would mention it to the GP just in case it is unrelated. No doubt someone with far more experience will be along later to give advice. Hope you get some answers soon

@Birdlady - Yep, I had a mri in April 2012 very shortly after symptoms started - All clear, was done without contrast… However, Neuro has always been convinced I have suffered demyelination due to the lhermitte’s sign and other symptoms…

@Dinks - Never had a EMG - I did have Evoked Potentials, ended up borderline (114ms ) - However Neuro suggested this figure was not great considering my age … 28/29 at the time.

Regarding the muscle fasciculations, when I last seen the Neuro I raised these, they had just started at this time… He brushed these off and figured they nothing to do with MS since they belong to a different ‘system’ - but now that they are so often and numerous, It’s surely a sign that something is up … ?

made appointment … 4th December to see GP …

Its worth while noting the weakness in my left arm - thats something that is new…

I agree. Definitely worth noting! They may repeat mri eventually seeing as consultant was convinced about the damage, see if anything is showing now. hope you get sorted x

Seen GP yesterday,

Getting B12/pernicious anemia tested again for kicks - she wants these tests to put that vitamin angle to bed. Get those results in a weeks time.

Wanted to me to go back to Neuro - figured the weakness in the left arm was enough to warrant it… plus she showed me a letter neuro had sent in March saying he wished to see me again in 6 months if no improvement on high B12 dosage.

Infact… she was going to contact Neuro by phone there and then - I prevented this, I’m not so keen about going back, not sure the weakness is enough of a reason, feels stronger than what it did 6 weeks ago. I have a fear of time wasting!

One thing I did notice, my lhermittes which has been missing for most of the year, returned last week after doing a bit of running around… returned very briefly.