Update-still waiting!

Morning all! Just a quick update. So after being told to chase up my follow up appt after second MRI. I emailed my Neuro’s secretary. I got a very quick reply to say that although the MRI dept say 10 days, in reality it takes 4-5 weeks for them to receive the reports, then the Neuro will write to myself and my gp with the results and any possible follow up action! Grrr! So another 3-4 of waiting at least! Though to be fair,I guess it means there’s nothing urgent on the MRI! This waiting game really is one I don’t like playing! And to cap it all,I got woken at 4 am with THE HUG! Double Grrr! Best wishes to all for a good day! Kay xxx

Hi Kay… the waiting game is so damn frustrating. Hope you hear something soon.

I’ve got a list of tips for hug… not sure if I’ve posted them for you before. Let me know if you want to copy and paste them for you.

Pat x

Hi Pat! This is the first time I’ve mentioned the hug,as it’s only been an annoyance up until lately where it’s become a KILLER! Can that happen? I would really appreciate some tips, thank you! Kay xxx

Hi Pat! This is the first time I’ve mentioned the hug,as it’s only been an annoyance up until lately where it’s become a KILLER! Can that happen? I would really appreciate some tips, thank you! Kay xxx

Hi Kay, I get it quite a bit so I’ve learnt a few things that help. Copy / paste list of tips below:

It’s a spasm of the small muscles between the ribs. Here are some tips that might help:

· It can go all around your rib area, or only in part of rib area… up high on ribs or low down on ribs… or it can be only on one side of ribs

· Sometimes the affected area will be extremely itchy

· Much worse in heat

· Much worse when fatigued or stressed

· Don’t wear a bra (it irritates the muscles)

· Don’t wear tight clothing… the looser the better

· Avoid large meals… little and often is better

· Lie down in/on bed if you can… and lying completely flat often helps

· Take 2 Paracetamol… if you are not on other pain med’s… or try one Paracetamol & one Gabapentin (no more than 3 times a day)

· Try controlling your breathing… deep in through the nose and slowly blow out of mouth… and try and relax whole body while doing it

· Stay as cool as you can but don’t have cold shower… luke warm is better

· Rest, rest, rest and then get some more rest (if at all possible)

· Gently rub the affected area. It might feel like it’s bruised… don’t worry, that’s normal

· Recently I’ve discovered that if I eat something small, eg bowl of cereal, it seems to relieve the hug for a while. Not sure why but it’s worth a try.

Hope these help,

Pat x

Sorry Kay… on Paracetamol… I meant one Paracetamol and one IBUPROFIN.

I’ve only just learnt this one and just added it… it works well.

Pat x

Thanks Pat! Got to post and run, but will deffo try out your tips! xxx