Under diagnosis

Hey all,

Can anyone help?

Over the last year Ive had some bizzare syptoms that inatially were detemined as a virus by my GP, until the third time which I was quite firm and said this is not the same virus.

Ive always suffered chronic fatigue and sleep problems since I had measles when I was 3, Ive always suffered on and off with my health due to a low immune system (when I get ill I get proper ill!!)

Just over 3 years ago I suffered a car accident which lead to a difficult 18 months ( job loss, court case, loss of both grandparents, financial stress and a dip in mental health)

Life began to pick up and health and life were great.

Last year I went to florida for 2 weeks with the kids had a great time and came back feeling ok.

I month later I started to suffer with chronic fatigue,flu like symptom, pins and needles and various aura sensations to include migraines. Doctor said it was a virus. This lasted around 6 weeks.

Around 3 months later Chronic fatigue, flu like symptoms, pins and needles and now muscle tiredness and joint pains and migraines, Felt like I had run a marathon twice over. Doctors diagnosis a virus. Again lasted about 6 weeks.

Around 3 months later, waking up still tired, and symptoms of the above but very agressive. Various bloods done doc refers to nuerologist but says its just stress. How ever in the letter she asks for the demyelination to be checked?

Appointment with neurologist 2 weeks ago does bloods for various myalgia and autoimune diseases and orders a cat scan gives my sleeping tablets.

Last week: Flu like sypmtoms on the wednesday, gone by the friday, finding no sensation when I go for a wee and its like niagra falls when I go, manager at work finds im slow at transfering customer info from aplication to computer, the following Tuesday I loose my vision in one eye, have the aura but no migraine, suffer with my joints of my thy to hip late at night, suffer through the night with pain. Wednesday morning, get out of bed and my legs are not functioning, Im in pain and can not walk normaly,I walk like a robot and have to really concentrate on what Im doing.

Gp sends me to hospital, I talk to the junior consultant for an hour, she does some tests and after an open and honest talk she mentions MS as a possibility. An hour later a consultant comes in, decides I have fractured my back because its lower back pain?? I didnt mention that?? sends me for an xray and admits me. ( he did mutter arthritis but nothing more was said) They then decide to focus on my headaches and treat me for that and sent me home after my CT scan was clear and referred me back to my neurologist. My walking resumed to near normal after 48 hours they didnt seem concerned about it at all apart from the junior doctor who they did not listen too?!?! Ive woke up this morning still aching, still tired and thoroughly peed off with the whole situation.

Im considering seeing a private neurologist and getting a second opinion, not bothered about the cost just want to feel well again… any thoughts people please?

Kind regards Dee