Forum

UMN damage

I have read a few posts on here about people with suspected upper motor neurone damage and suffering from various everyday symptoms which are similar to mine and I just wondered if anyone could shed any light on what I’m going through at the mo? After over a year of worsening symptoms of fatigue, headaches, dizziness, joint and muscle pain, polyuria and a few blackouts and being tested for everything (not hormonal or diabetes) I have seen a rhuematologist who did various physical examination things and found positive hoffmans, and sustained clonus with up going planters. I have had an MRI last week and the very brief report from the radiologist dosnt seem to show anything noticeably wrong? From previous MRI years ago I was told I have a few bulging disks which I thought May have been causing these new physical symptoms. I have been signed off work for 4 weeks as I am so weak and can’t seem to function properly. Ontop of this I have to wait ages to see the rhuematologist again to get an answers. Very confused and grateful of any ideas from anyone who’s been through something similar?

Hi Katieh

Sorry to hear about all your symptoms and the rough time you’re having. I’m afraid I don’t have any answers - but bumping you up to the top of the page and hopefully someone can help

PG xx

Thank you so much. I would really appreciate any help from anyone who has experience of any motor neurone damage. The symptoms are getting worse all the time and I feel like I’m fighting against the thought that it is all in my head although I know it isn’t xx