Trapped nerve. Any help?

Could all this be a trapped nerve cuasing symptoms of: balance and coordinaation issues. double vision and tingling now for the fourth week.

All the tests ive hadare clear except MRI where lesions were found in the white matter

Hi

A trapped nerve causing lesions sounds unlikely to me, but then I’m not an expert at all. You’d be best speakng to a neurologist though, as they’re the real experts.

What other tests have you had?

Dan

Hi Dan

What i was thinking could the lesions of already been there?

The tests ive had are Lumbar puncture: Clear Blood tests:Clear MRI/CT: Lesions found

I was given “most likey” for multiple sclerosis pending results of autoantibodies and CSF ogiclonal bands. No idea what this means

tyler

Tyler when you were told you were being medically discharged what was the reason they gave you?

Jan

They said for multiple sclerosis even though i havent been diagnosed

Tyler

I’m confused as to how they can tell you that your lumbar puncture is clear while they are still waiting for the results of the tests for o-bands in your CSF. The whole point of the lumbar puncture is to get a sample of CSF to test for o-bands!

As to what they are, my understanding is they are a type of antibody in the CSF that are used as an indication of MS. Around 80% of people with MS have them, so a positive test is a strong indicator that the patient has MS. Unfortunately the test is not definitive as about 20% of people with MS don’t have o-bands in their CSF and therefore a negative test result doesn’t mean the patient doesn’t have MS.

[quote=“TylerJShaw”]

Could all this be a trapped nerve cuasing symptoms of: balance and coordinaation issues. double vision and tingling now for the fourth week.

All the tests ive hadare clear except MRI where lesions were found in the white matter

[/quote] Hello Tyler I’m afraid a trapped nerve would not cause the symptoms you describe. I know your only young and this must be such a scary time for you. Like I mentioned in another thread, hopefully in September things will be made clearer. I do hope you have close family supporting you. Take care, Noreen x

Hi, me again

I just wanted to add a quick extra comment. I know you’re desperate to not have MS, and I can understand that. But whatever it is that’s causing your symptoms, I want you to know that your life is not over. It may be taking a different path from what you hoped for, but it’s certainly not the end of the road for you. There is lots that you could still do & achieve, whatever the future holds. Like at the moment, I’m currently in the middle of a scholarship to learn to fly thanks to a charity called Flying Scholarships for Disabled People. I know it would never even have occured to me to try to fly if I didn’t have MS. Yes, life may get tough, but it certainly is not over.

Dan

Tyler I know I keep harping on about it and I’m sorry but it frustrates me that you are allowing the Army to medically discharge you for something you might not have. Please seek advice about this, if you were in an ordinary job I would say go to your union but I don’t know who to advise you to speak to regarding Army matters. There must be someone.

I am going on holiday early next week so you may not get a reply of me regarding this but please don’t think I or anyone here will forget about you.

Jan x