Forum

Tips to handle dizziness ?

Good Morning

does anyone have any tips for dizziness? I have had this for about 4 days, and really need to do something?

i am normally a positive busy person with a full time job and two children, but have had to stay home with these symptoms . It’s also school holidays and have my children at home (who don’t know)

any help/advice would be great?

Thanks xxx

hi alice get a walking stick before you plant your face on the pavement! you can say it’s just temporary until the dizziness has gone. depending on the age and maturity of your children it may be a good idea to tell them about your diagnosis. emphasise the fact that you won’t die. hope this helps a little. carole x

It could be vertigo. If you have a physiotherapist who’s good at vertigo/vestibular exercises, ask for some help. You could even try doing a search on the internet for vestibular exercises. Try this one: Brain & Spine Foundation | Vestibular rehabilitation exercises

Think about telling your children too. The MS Trust has a load of information to help, eg: https://support.mstrust.org.uk/shop?prodid=316

Sue

Hello Alice, my GP prescribed Prochloperazine which works very well. Have you spoken to your GP at all?

No I have not heard of that, but thanks I will ask about this. X