Thoughts for the day

thought-for-the-day-1.jpg (320×207)

Rievaulx Abbey in Helmsley, North Yorkshire. One of my most favourite places…so peaceful. Just to sit and absorb the energies can be very calming for the spirit

I find too much noise quite stressful at times and need to feel quiet…I’m a bit of a tree hugger at heart

Lovely cafe too, serving yummy homemade soup

“There are no second place winners.”
Bill Jordan, Texas ranger and arguably the best gunfighter of this century.

Geoff

Should have been last century

Geoff (this MS plays havoc with my typing)

Sh*t happens, deal with it.

Me circa 1992.

Jan x

1 Like

Self-thoughts-on-life-what-i-say.jpg (450×300)

Not sure - to me it says that putting people into the half empty / half full category doesn’t work. Some of us want more than half a glass - we want it all. Quality and quantity hun!!!

JBK xx

Yes, that makes sense when you explain it that way…ta

xx

'I shall pass this way but once;

Any good that I can do, any kindness I can show to anyone,

Let me do it now and not postpone it,

For I may not pass this way again.’

This was written on a card by the kindest priest I ever met- unfortunately a few malevolent ones and a lot of hypocrisy made me the agnostic I am today (getting milder as I get older as I was a devout atheist in my angry younger years).

These are words which I try my best to live by. (Apologies to any Catholics out there- in the spirit of the words, genuinely no offense intended)

xx

1 Like

!['E vero .

Buonanotte .'|480x360](https://scontent-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/s480x480/10984035_10203652237007814_423381344061735486_n.jpg?oh=2339665fbc1901b6a62132b13a47cda0&oe=559620A7)

I met one or two of them priests fo. Never stopped my direct line to God though…just stopped going to church.

I love Churches when they are empty. Beautiful-peaceful places

No offence taken

thought_for_the_day.jpg (499×274)

re: discussing religion

i have spoken to my mum who passed 13 years ago, on a daily basis.

then when my best friend died i have spoken to her.

it is when i’m worried about my sons or any other worry that won’t go away.

i say thank you to the universe when i see a beautiful sky or a beautiful place.

then i realised that i am talking to god.

so really there is no need for a priest because i know that i am being cared for.

having said that we have a lovely vicar at my church and i really should go more often.

carole x