Suspect MS

Hello all

i am currently undergoing investigations for my neurological symptoms. I am 36, male. I am quite concerned about the range of the symptoms and speed on their onset. Would people here may have some thoughts they would be happy to share.

In 2022 I had what they believed was Herpes type 1 seemed to flair up during a time of stress. Of course Dr Google has said stress and herpes/EBV can cause MS. I’ve even read those of an anxious nature may have more likelyhood with MS?

This all cleared up and then one day I couldn’t see driving, the sun was blinding no matter what I did. Turns out I got keratitis in my eye/

In March I noticed bleeding from my bowel, left it a few weeks didn’t clear up more stress then the worst IBS I had. Really gassy, painful cramps, dry mouth, acid reflux never had it like that before…

Diagnosed with a polyp and diverticulosis of which it is mild. Felt relieved but couldn’t explain the bad IBS. A week passed and I started to feel better. Weirdly three days before the colonoscopy I gelt dreadfully unwell. Then it passed two days afterwards.

Three weeks ago in June I started getting dizzy, then tinnitus in one ear, then the other. Was prescribed bethahistine. Done bugger all.

A week ago a sudden pins and needle sensation in my finger, that then went to my hand, then other hand and both feet. This has cleared up the next day.

I sometimes feel like a burning sensation in my head and always feel unwell waking up. Sleep has not been the same often disturbed. I am starting to feel quite ill with this and I don’t if it will let up I am worried this permanent. No idea how to cope with being dizzy for the rest of my life. it is greatly affecting my appetite and weight loss.

Blood tests today won’t know for a few days. Fast tracked private neurologist for two weeks time but not the MRI. For the MRI what should I ask for? I hear there are different MRI scans you can have, with dye etc? I’d like to get the results first time if I can but not possible I know.

So my main worry is that it may be PPMS. I had read PPMS tends to starts less suddenly like my dizziness then building up of features and gradually shows up rather than coming in all at once? Is it still possible I have RRMS? The bowel issue went away as did the tingling. Are initial/first/early flare ups in RRMS likely to last for a month or two before evidence of any remission? I just have symptom after symptom ever since this herpes outbreak which I don’t know where that came from.

I am bracing myself for an MS diagnosis soon, so any help or support will be gratefully received.

thanks

Ryan

1 Like

Hope you are ok, I know how scary it is.