Still waiting

So, had my lumbar puncture in Dec, was told the results would be back 2/3 weeks. I called the neuro’s secretary mid Jan before I went on holiday, she said they were due back that day and to go away and the results will be waiting when I get back.arrived home last week (2weeks later) and nothing. Called again, they are all back, but the neuro hasn’t done the report yet :frowning: told to call again early this week.

My symptoms are actually easing off. First time since August, which is amazing and I am really pleased with the new energy I have, and my mobility has improved to the point I do think I can get back to the gym to start building my strength back up. Just a little concerned that the LP may come back clear (as everything else has) and that by the time I get to see the neuro again she’ll discharge me, without getting to the bottom of what’s been going on with me for the past 6 months.

guess I should just cross that bridge when I get to it.

X

You’re right Rache099 - cross that bridge when you get to it… Everyone on this forum will understand your impatience, we’ve all been where you are now; you want some answers and you want them yesterday. Limbo really sucks, you need to know what you’re dealing with so you can look it in the face, the ‘known’ is so much easier to handle than the ‘unknown’.

It does sound as if news of your LP is just around the corner, so hang in there and try not to speculate - you’ll only work yourself up needlessly.

Hope you hear soon.

Thanks Ben.

Quick update!! Still waiting… Called each day this week and don’t seem to be getting any closer! The secretary is very apologetic, and just says she will chase the Dr again to write up the report!

Fingers crossed tomorrow is the lucky day! Something tells me that’s just wishful thinking! Ha ha

R

Finally had my results. All clear :slight_smile: the neuro thinks I have fibromyalgia. Being referred to a rheumatologist, for the next phase of investigations. Happy to have a bit more direction of what’s going with me

rache x

1 Like