Steroids &PPMS.

Oh Pauline what a rollercoaster of a week for you! I hope after all that you get some lasting benefit. Thanks so much for your diary, reading the package insert of these drugs doesn’t have any degree of reliability in my book, especially in ms and the huge doses they give us. I think an honest account each day is much more appropriate. Please let us know how you continue to do. Much appreciated.

Cath x

Hi guys, I’ve had no internet still waiting for a new router, using pay as you go now though as everyone is missing the net. My heating broke down, the dryer has given up, 2 kitchen drawer fronts fell off, the telephone wire is broke.All in A matter of a few days. Oh such is life!!!

The steriods did not continue to show any benefits after the good day on Friday, im in exactly the same place I was prior to taking them (physically). Definitely not the effect I hoped for this time. My mood has been a nightmare not sure if its the steroids or I’m menopausal. I’ve gone from crying in self pity and frustration to being the mad woman, threw my daughters out after screaming at them,threatened to hit my partner with a wooden slat if he didn’t leave,he did thankfully because I would have hit him!! Which really scares me as I’m dead against any sort of violence it just isn’t me. The g.p has been ringing me for updates on any changes and made me an appt for Friday gone, I didn’t attend just couldn’t be bothered!

I awoke this morning feeling more positive felt I’d got a bit more fightback, got up and was me again.Although I still can’t stand for more than a few minutes without back pain and my legs sinking under me.

DonT think I’ll be asking for steroids again.

Pauline x

Oh Pauline sounds like a rollercoaster hope everyone is OK after your outbursts. It will clear the air and don’t worry it’s normal with steroids it’s them not you

Hope your ok.

Don

Hello, Pauline, How awful, I do feel sorry for you. Although maybe some of it is menopausal, Im 49 and I feel like a teenager, but not in a good way, Theres non of the energy and freedom, just extreme low moods and real wrecklessness, I scare myself, but with menopausal hormones and the dreadful side effects from the steroids, its no wonder your in a bad way I felt like strangling my daughter the other day and then I felt terrible after because she’s only 13 and has Autism, She’s friends with me again now, but I felt like the worst Mum ever

Is there anything else that they could give you? Are steroids known to effect moods? I really hope the dark mood starts to lift, I have CBT but missed 3 sessions and my husband really noticed the difference, sometimes I don’t Know whether I’m moody because of the illness or because … i am just a moody old cow!!!

Take care hope you feel better soon

Michelle x

Hi, I’ve done the steroid “blast” about 8 weeks ago. Apart from not being able to sleep very well while taking them I have not seen any difference, but good luck!