Forum

stabbing pain in face

I am undiagnosed…in fact I haven’t even mentioned my symptoms to my gp as I can’t face all the referrals etc. I have fibromyalgia, underactive thyroid, type 2 diabetes and osteoarthritis in my knees. Both my gp and myself tend to put everything down to fibromyalgia including gallstones and pancreatitis!!! The symptoms I’m struggling with at the moment are feeling like I’m going to fall backwards and constantly losing my balance, I have to grab hold of something or I will fall over. I keep walking into things (misjudging space) and feeling too “woozy” to drive. The other symptom is sudden stabbing pains which oddly seem to go through the roof of my mouth, through my right cheek and out through my right temple. It only lasts for a second, but it really is quite excruciating!!! Ideas anyone? ???

Many thanks, Deb

It sounds like you really do need to see your GP. The stabbing pains could be trigeminal neuralgia, which can occur on its own in people with no other neurological symptoms, but when you are also having problems with your balance and spatial perception, it sounds awfully like something is having a go at your nervous system :frowning:

Time to be tough with your GP and yourself: you need to see a neuro and get this properly investigated. No more avoiding the issue!

Karen x