I watched a programme on the telly box, It involved a very clever vet who treated a dog with vitamin E; the dog had numb legs and was unable to walk. (I immediately thought that dog has ms). The vet said there was a chance that the dog would recover, but if he didn’t then there was a bleak outlook for him.
After the treatment the dog recovered a friend who also watched the programme was wondering if there was anything in this for us humans with Neurological problems. I was not convinced that dogs and humans would share the same biology.
Having googled it I’ve come across papers that have been published on the subject, it is being used to treat people with Altziemers, Parkinsons, and some forms of Sclerosis (presuming Multiple. I’ve been looking for foods that contain vitamin E and here are some that I’ve come across**.**
Has anyone else heard of this phenomenon? If so why haven’t we heard about it.
Top 10 Vitamin E Rich Foods List
· 1) Almonds. 1 oz: 7.3 mg (27% DV)
· 2) Spinach. 1 bunch: 6.9 mg (26% DV)
· 3) Sweet Potato. 1 Tbsp: 4.2 mg (15% DV)
· 4) Avocado. 1 whole: 2.7 mg (10% DV)
· 5) Wheat germ. 1 ounce: 4.5 mg (17% DV)
· 6) Sunflower seeds. 2 Tbsp: 4.2 mg (15% DV)
· 7) Palm Oil. 1 Tbsp: 2.2 mg (11% DV)
· 8) Butternut squash
· 9) Trout
· 10 Olive oil**.**