So I don't tick all the boxes .....

Hi Grandma it is nice to see you back on the forum. I was wondering how your treatment was progressing.

I am sorry that you are having such a tough time and hope that you are planning a nice holiday or something to look forward to when all the treatments are finished. I don’t suppose you managed to make the trip to USA?

Are you still knitting and crocheting? Your day must seem long when you are not well enough to do much.

Take care, Sue x

Oh Grandma I’m sorry to hear about your diagnosis and all you’re going through! (I’ve been diverted from here by a bunch of other stuff though not in the realms of what you’re dealing with, so had missed this).

Sending much love to you xx

Hi Sue 84 and Yellow Dahlia,

Thank you for your kind replies.

I am doing quite well at the moment. My consultants are pleased with my progress and scans show that the tumours are getting smaller. I am very weak due to the high doses of chemotherapy and need to use a wheelchair when I go out, which isn’t very often.

I start radiotherapy on Wednesday .

Yes, I do still knit and Crochet and I read a lot.

The drs have put my neuro symptoms “on the back burner for the moment” but I have had wonderful treatment and care from oncologists and haematology. Have had a few complications - like have been through 3 PICC lines and the lumbars I would rather forget about.

Please let me know how you are keeping?

I will look in when I can.

Take care

Grandma xx

1 Like

Hello everyone

Wotcha Grandma, hope things are OK with you

M

Hi Grandma nice to hear from you. I hope all is going well.

I have been planting up two of my large garden pots this afternoon and this has prompted my husband to sweep and tidy the patio! I really miss gardening and I have been watching the beautiful gardens at Chelsea.

I have finally had to admit that I need a wheelchair or scooter and I have a scooter arriving tomorrow. Hopefully I will be brave enough to use it! At least I will be able to pop to the shops again as at the moment any shopping has to be done online.

Do let us know how you are.

Sue

Hi Monaco and Sue 84,

I’m doing fine thank you. I have finished my (intensive) radiotherapy. It really wiped me out. I’m starting to feel better but still tire easily. Sue 84, don’t feel bad about getting wheels of some kind. I was going stir crazy being stuck at home as dh can no longer drive. We both have had a diagnosis of cataracts in both eyes. What a pair we are.

I will soon be having a PET scan and will see my oncologist in a month. I am feeling better in myself but find the neuro symptoms upsetting at times. I haven’t seen a neurologist since I was diagnosed with the Non Hodgkins Lymphoma last August but onwards and upwards.

I too am trying to plant up my pots. I also have one of those mini greenhouses in the conservatory.

Best wishes to you both

Grandma xx

My PET scan shows that I am tumour free

It’s going to take a while to get over the side effects of the chemotherapy and radiotherapy and I will be scanned again in September. I also see neurologist in September as I still have the neuro symptoms.

I hope you are all as well as you can be given all this hot weather.

Best wishes

grandma x

Hi Grandma what brilliant news you must be very relieved. I do hope your neurologist appointment goes well in September.

I have several health issues at the moment and I hope I will have some answers soon. My walking is extremely poor which now means I am housebound unless someone takes me out. I bought a Luggie scooter on Ebay a few weeks ago but sadly it doesn’t work and now trading standards are involved. There are some disreputable people out there!

Looking forward to a week in Norfolk next week with family.

Take care,

Sue xx

Sounds very positive. Always nice to hear the good stuff.

mick

WOW WHAT BRILLIANT NEWS, you rock girl. Your a real inspiration never give up. xxxxxxx so glad you got through it. it gives others hope too. xxxxx