I am sure you’ve heard of similar frustrations before (some of you maybe yourselves?), but I really feel at my wits end right now. Quick background on me. Suffered from numbness down RH side which was first noticed in my arm. I have been ‘run down’ for approx. 4 years suffering frequently with viruses, bugs, ulcers, nasty infections etc. Then back in Feb I suffered really bad from dizziness which was DX as labyrinthitis, which then returned in May and finally very worse in August. This time in August I suffered from complete numbness down my whole Right of my body from face to my toes. I’ve been tripping up, walking into things , suffering from burns etc as I don’t feel temps.
Issues for past 4 years
- Reoccuring Tonsillitis and throat infections
- Always picking up colds/viruses
- Feeling run down and tired all the time
- Frequent mouth ulcers
- Large Ulcer on body (August 2014) This could not be explained
- Occasional numbness in RH arm (noticed 8-9 months ago) Mentioned this to GP at the time who said it was nothing to worry about.(This numbness has not gone away)
- Feb 2014- Diagnosed with Labyrinthitis after having a virus
- May 2014 again as above
- August 2014 as above but this time suffered from numbness on RHS that wouldn’t go
- Numbness continues on right HS. This has not improved at all.
- Fatigued and having to rest on the bed in afternoon
- Poor eyesight in right eye and blood shot eye a lot of the time
- Occasional Dizziness and feeling of being drunk
- ‘Jelly Legs’ Feeling unsteady on feet without support most of the time
- Tingling (electric current/shock) sensation at night time when I get into bed
- Suffer from insomnia due to the above
- Fatigue constant
Doc ruled out stroke and referred me to neurology. Finally saw neurology clinic doctor (not consultant) who did a full exam and sent me for an MRI 2 weeks later. I asked at the time if I was able to have my spine and head done? She refused as she said that it would not be MS if no lesions in head. They also didn’t use contrast in the MRI and treatment was shoddy (Radiographer was talking to a random porter about a chick he chatted up and looking at facebook pics on as I came in) Then after it was done they sent me out of the mobile scanner in the car park to find my own way back to the waiting area all dizzy and confused.
Anyway I’ve been signed off work these past 8 weeks as doctor said it was best until results were known. Had to chase up hospital repeatedly. Finally got some news from the Secretary Friday who said ‘we’ve sent a letter out and have discharged you back to GP’ Without any explanation or anything. I recall Doctor at the hospital saying 'we’ll recommend GP starts you on ant-epilepsy meds if nothing found-but warned these would make day to day living hard!) Hard when i have 2 little boys to look after and my job.
I can’t really give work any updates as I am in the dark myself, but something definitely isn’t right.
I am going to ask for a second opinion but wondered if anyone else had been in a similar situation?