Forum

Ski slopes-a-looming

Hi all. I’m off skiing mid feb and starting to worry I’m going to be too tired to do it. Fatigue is really bad the now. On Fri I went to bed @ 11.30 pm and didn’t wake until 6 pm the following evening… Then I was back in bed at midnight and slept through til 11 am. I’m still tired now. Got up at 9am today. I’ve been struggling with my injections of late. Various viruses and courses of antibiotics over the last three months. I’m atempting a phased return to work, I’m struggling with that too. I’m looking for tips on how to manage fatigue. Just recently aswell I keep getting the feeling of being really hot and wanting to pass out but OH says I don’t have a temp as my forehead is cold. Heeeelllllpppppp please :slight_smile: Suz xx

Hi

Wow skiing!! Ive never done it personally but sure would be terrible now as balance crap and legs wobbly on a good day1! I can only offer you limited suggestions which might help a little… Have you thought of asking to be referred to an Occupational Therapist as they often do fatigue management classes. They can be quite helpful sometimes to organise your house and prioritise so you arent wasting energy and how to manage your fatigue/relaxation etc…
i preseum you have had a long time off work to be undertaking a phased programme. It does take time to get back into work and back into a good sleeping habit/routine. That will help only so far if your main symptom of MS is fatigue. I wouldnt worry about the OH telling you dont feel hot to touch, it doesnt mean you dont feel hot. All that indicates is that you probably dont have a temperature. Also is there any other reasons why you may feel hot - medication side effect/womens problems??

Sorry I hope that gave you a few ideas?

F x

Hi,

I’ve never been on a ski slope in my life and I most certainly wouldn’t attempt it if you are feeling so bad. Is there some way you can cancel yor holiday and get your money back and go somewhere where you can just rest?

Janet x