Forum

Signature/Post ending idea (Tyronerose)

Hiya everyone hope you are all well, not been on much as cant get site on my smartphone though have limited access on my new kinidle ???

been thinking it might be good idea if we could personalise our signature (when it becomes available) to contain some of our profile info or even stick it at the end of relevant posts
Then we would know in a way what perspective ppl have posted a reply from in a way and would mean we wouldnt have to keep repeating stuff in replies

For example mine could be as follows or something similar

35yr F, N.Ireland, RRMS, Dx Aug 2009 symptoms 4+yrs prev (dx as fibro 2005) , family hx of MS - Dad SPMS, + 3 extended family members,
work almost FT, still relatively mobile, pain ++,Tx = Rebif (12/09 - 04/11) Avonex (05/11-present) Gabapentin (300 am/pm) & Amitriptyline (25mgAm/75mgPm) Night Nurse for Avonex side effects. other analgesia as required

Whats your opinion ? situation?

R xoxo

This could be my signature Roisin,

35yr M, N.Ireland, RRMS, DX Oct 06, No family hx of MS, Avonex 03/07 to 06/08 then Tysabri 08/08 to pres.

It would be good if when you clicked on a profile like the old site it would give you all the info like the old site if you wanted your profile to be public.

Mark xo

I think it is very useful to see the information about someone when you click on their profile.

However, I would not be in favour of including too much information as part of a signature every time you post as I think the lengths of posts would become too cumbersome.

ladyinred2000 wrote:

I think it is very useful to see the information about someone when you click on their profile. However, I would not be in favour of including too much information as part of a signature every time you post as I think the lengths of posts would become too cumbersome.

I agree, some posts already seem much longer than they used to because of the use of the Quote facility to reply/respond to someone in the thread… Cx

Quote:

I think it is very useful to see the information about someone when you click on their profile. However, I would not be in favour of including too much information as part of a signature every time you post as I think the lengths of posts would become too cumbersome.

Totally agree. A custom signature usually means a funny quote or an inspirationl quote after a person’s name - even a personal quote on your own ‘take’ on life. Eiona

HI X THIS LOOKS LIKE A GOOD IDEA BUT LIKE SOMEONE SAID MIGHT ADD ABIT TOO MUCH LENGTH TO POSTS? MAYBE A SHORT VERSION? THERE IS ALREADY A WAY I THINK OF PUTTING A SIGNITURE ON THE POSTS I THINK? INSTEAD OF A QUOTE I GUESS YOU COULD CHOOSE WHAT YOUR SUGESTION IS FOR YOURS? HOW YOU DOING ANYWAY I THINK I REMEBER YOUR NAME FROM LAST SITE? BFN X CAZ

iv used forums in the past that have added things like that and it just ends up slowing loading times on evry page wich for me using my phone would be a desaster as it already takes long enough to load and id prob give up if it took any longer

Hi all

I can see the thinking behind this and I don’t think it will physically slow the system down too much but I do think it might make life a little tougher for some MS’ers becuase it will probably mean more scrolling and more text to pick through for the key message you’re trying to read.

What I can say is the profile information is returning very shortly in version 2 of these forums and that we will work with you all to ensure that the information is easy to add and access.

greg [admin]