Forum

Should I start Gilenya?

Hi I’ve been on Betaferon for 2 years and have bad skin site reactions. My new MRI shows 2 new very small lesions so I can move onto Gilenya if I want to. I’m concerned about leaving myself more vulnerable to infections with Gilenya and also find the heart rhythm/heart block thing really scary. Could anyone tell me their experience with it - good or bad?!

hi rachael.

ive been on it since march, and haven’t noticed any particular issues or sfx. not had any relapses either. its better than rebif. cheers fluffyollie

Hello I been On gilenya past 2 years before on interferon injection I really could not inject my self anymore and develop sharp fobia:( I was so pleased when I start gilenya, no more injection and this horrible side effects. I’m very pleased with medication don’t notice anything bad. No heart issue or nothing like this. Only one thing my gp noticed white cells are low but it’s normal by gilenya. If you decide to start I hope you will have a positive experience.

Hello I been On gilenya past 2 years before on interferon injection I really could not inject my self anymore and develop sharp fobia:( I was so pleased when I start gilenya, no more injection and this horrible side effects. I’m very pleased with medication don’t notice anything bad. No heart issue or nothing like this. Only one thing my gp noticed white cells are low but it’s normal by gilenya. If you decide to start I hope you will have a positive experience.