Self help books

Hi folks

Although not PPMS myself I do have a few friends who are. Whilst there are books out there to help PWMS the ones I have come across seem to be aimed at RRMS and preventing progression. I wondered if anyone know of any books to help people with progressive MS.

Thanks for any replies.

Wendy x

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but it does list some alternative treatments, which might be useful.

http://www.ms-uk.org/index.cfm/choicesppms

The MS Trust and MSS also have publications concerning PPMS.

Thank you Whammel, very kind, I was really thinking of alternative books but I don’t think there are any specifically for PPMS, cheers anyway. I’ll take a look at MS Trust.

Wendy x

Hi Wendy, I haven’t found any.

The only PPMS book I have, bought online when I was first dx, is American and quite technical explanation of what PPMS is… and really for people caring for those with very bad PPMS. Was very depressing.

The slighly out-of-focus photo of leaves on the cover should have warned me… LOL…

Pat x

Hi Pat

Thanks for replying, I must say that I haven’t found anything promising online, only technical articles about new drugs on the horizon. I suppose I was looking for some positive information that would help my friends manage their ms, such as my George Jelinek book ‘taking control of MS’. Cheers anyway.

Wendy x