RSPB Reserves and Mobility

I went with a friend to Leighton Moss RSPB Reserve which is in north Lancashire today. Whilst we were obtaining our passes one of the staff was saying to me they now had a Tramper mobility scooter there that was free for visitors to use. It has to be booked in advance and had been reserved for today.

I dont know if the same would apply to every reserve but if anyone is planning a visit it would be well worth an advance call.

1 Like

The RSPB reserve near Pulborough (West Sussex) have got at least 1 Tramper, a brilliant way to get about. Also a couple of the local national trust places have Trampers to borrow as well. A great means to spend family time and get around alarge area. Very liberating.

Mick

Many, not all NT place have Trampers to hire - Attingham Park, Shropshire is one.

Kew Garden have free scooters. A couple of years ago I booked two for my wife and I. It’s the most fun you can have at 4mph.

Just be wary of scooters to hire for events run by events company. I tried to hire one for RHS local flower show and were charging £25/day!