RIP Tony

I am saddened to read of Tony Nicklinsons death. But he has had to starve himself to achieve what the govt wouldnt give him…peace and the knowledge that he no longer has to fight for what he believes is right for him. Bless him and his family…

I know anu has already brought Tony`s death to the boards. But I felt Tony deserved another mention and a post of his own. So sad.

luv Pollx

Just to correct myself…it was mogworks who replied about Tony Nicklinson, not anu. Apologies to anu and mogworks.

luv POllx

So very sad,but hes at peace now,and him going of natural causes was the best way for all involved ,best for him and his family.

my heart goes out to them it really does.

RIP Tony.

Yeh, jaki, me too.

luv Pollx

Yes the whole thing is very sad.

His wife says that he gave up fighting after he lost the court case.

The whole thing is so complex and tragic but, for him, I’m glad he’s now at peace.

Pat x

Hi Poll I agree with everything you say. I heard the news as it broke and was so saddened that he died, not the way he fought so hard for. May he rest in peace now and thoughts are with his family. Linda x

Hi Poll I agree with everything you say. I heard the news as it broke and was so saddened that he died, not the way he fought so hard for. May he rest in peace now and thoughts are with his family. Linda x

Hi Poll

I am glad his suffering has ended, and my thoughts are with his

family.

Pam x

R I P Tony, You are now at peace, thinking of your family. x

Jan

How very sad as he was trying to make others like him have a way out of their hell. Sad he had to go through what he did, then not win his case.

I hope one day people will have the choice of whether to live a living hell or take a way out at their chosing of time & date, without the fear of others being prosecuted.

bren

x

As it happens, my next-door neighbour used to nurse him at one time.

To my mind, the real villains here are the lawyers who took on a case that was bound to be lost from the very beginning - while allowing the poor guy to think that he could win. The law was/is very clear, and the verdict could only go one way. The courts cannot change the law - only parliament can do that; it was irresponsible to pretend otherwise.

Geoff