REFUSED

JUST GOT ME LETTER REFUSED ON BOTH MOBILITY AND CARE

So sorry Lally, what will you do now?

fight

So sorry to hear your news Lally. Keep fighting though, if you keep on, you may get somewhere in the end! Good Luck, Teresa xx

Keep appealing!! Never give up!!

Kx

I’m so sorry Lally. Is the refusal related to your initial application or after an appeal?

Mags xx

applied for dla jan 2011, refused, took it to appeal ,refused then tribunal, refused yet again, Ive now changed gp, I written a list of symptoms , list of tests \ive had symptoms etc, got an assessment with new practice nurse tomorrow, and new gp monday, Ill make sure this time we re all singing from the same hymn boo, its all I could do yesterday from keeping hubby going to old gp and giving her a right …{better not swear]I wont stopn I will in the end prove Im ill, even if it is after a post mortem

Disgusting that you have to fight but i hope you do!!!

Good luck sonia x

Please do not give up I was determined to see it right to the end some people go to citizens advice I went to an advice centre that my local jobcentre told me about Oh I think it was called advice works. The girl there helped with all the appeal forms and actually came with me and spoke to the panel first and then went in together and I was awarded high rate mobility and medium care allowance. Apparently they are refusing most people first time around but I believe if you are persistent you will get it eventually and it as also back dated. Not sure if it a post code lottery I am near Paisley, Renfrewshire in scotland.

Hope this helps and do not give up.

Jan

Glad to heqar youre not giving up re DLA…keep appealing and get as much back up form as many professionals as you can…your new gp/comsultants,etc and hit them with it…sometimes I wonder why people who clearly need DLA have to fight so hard to get it…its not fair hun…you need this help now! I question why people are turned down esp as it is self asses benefit…keep going i say and youll get there in the end…and they may even back date the claim…no consolation i know but i would ask…you will get it…dont give up.

e

GOING TO SEE NEW PRACTICE NURSE TODAY ARMED TO THE TEETH WITH MY LIST OF SYMPTOMS THAT WERE NEVER PUT ON MY RECORDS BY MY OLD GP, THIS TIME THEY WILL LISTEN ITS MY LIFE THIS ILLNESS HAS RUINED, HAD MY CARE LINK ASSESSMENT TODAY SHOULD BE PUT IN NEXT WEEK MY YOUNGEST DAUGHTER HAD HER YOUNG CARERS ASSESSMENT YESTERDAY, AGAIN SHE BROKE DOWN IN TEARS, THE SOCIAL WORKER ADVISED US , SHES BOTTLING THINGS UP SHE TERRIFIED OF ALL THIS, AND TO CAPE IT ALL I HAD ONE OF MY BRAIN SEIZURE AND PASSED OUT LAST NIGHT, I WAS IN SO MUCH PAIN, SERVES ME RIGHT REALLY I REFUSED TO USE WHEELCHAIR FOR GOING AROUND MORRISONS, SO I COMPLETELY OVER DID IT,AND IM NOT ILL ENOUGH FOR DLA ITS A JOKE

Oh Lally I’m so sorry about all your troubles. I really feel for your lovely daughter, it is so tough for her. You don’t need all this DLA stress on the top of MS and all the problems it brings. You are clearly a wrong woman so try to keep fighting. I hope you get the correct support for your daughter. I am sure that everything seems really bleak at the mo’ but you will get to the end of it and hopefully things will be better. Don’t give up. Thinking of you, Teresa xx

all I can say is thank god for social services theyve been life savers, the social worker that came out yesterday to see my daughter, was a young carer her self her mum had fibro, so shes knows first hand how hard it is, Ill go through hell or high water for my daughter shes a lovely kid, and doesnt need any of this, she been invited to join a young carers group I hope she does it will do her good tovhave a good moan about me

Bless you both, I hope life improves for the pair of you. Teresa xx