Forum

Recommed me... (not MS)

A light weight set of pans suitable for an induction hob.   I am not able to get anywhere to do a weight test so need to purchase on line, however know many of these pans are quite heavy which I just can't cope with.

Apologies for the strange request, but will end up with new amazing hob, but nothing to cook with!

I have a habit of looking at the reviews on Amazon or Argos, picking one, and then seeing if I can get the same thing cheaper on Ebay.  Don't know anything about pans, but that's what I'd do.

Luisa x

Hi
Try ikea, their pans are good, avoid la cruisette, mega heavy. Worral Thompson the rubber grip slips on handles. Think this is the best pace to find out. The salter make at debenhams are good.
Good place for reccomends on the forum

Mike

[quote=“ZigZag”]

A light weight set of pans suitable for an induction hob. I am not able to get anywhere to do a weight test so need to purchase on line, however know many of these pans are quite heavy which I just can’t cope with.

Apologies for the strange request, but will end up with new amazing hob, but nothing to cook with! [/quote]

Hi ZigZag,

I have a set of Vista (by ‘Judge’) stainless steel pans. I use them on a halogen hob so I’d expect them to be OK on an induction hob?! They’re very light and guaranteed for goodness-knows how long, so they may be ideal for you?

They are available currently from www.menarys.com in a sale at a bargain price (5-piece set ffrom £59.99).

Best of luck with your hunt

Dom

Last time my OT came she was talking about these mesh things they could supply that you put in the pan and then the food ontop of it--- its quite hard to explain!

So that you lift the food out eg spuds in what became like a basket so you could drain them over the pan and didnt have to transfer a heavy pan with hot water.

Don't know if its worth a chat with them so you could use what uve already got.

Pip

l have an induction hob - and love it - you have absolute control - quick to boil - and instantly cools  down. The hob is safe -no risk of burning yourself or setting fire to anything. And the best for economy.  Also so easy clean - just a flat surface to wipe over. l have an assortment of pans l use on it. Mainly stainless steel - bought most of them at TK MAX - l do have a few cast-iron pans as well - but yes they are heavy. Copper bottomed pans do not work. Where as the Judge enameled pans do. lf you have a little magnet - take that with you - as they only work on pans that are suitable for induction. l have a pasta pan which l do use for most veg - as it only needs a little amount of water in the bottom - so doubles as a steamer and is so easy to lift out and drain.

l bought a super Jamie Oliver all-purpose large pan 30cm  with two handles that l can  fry/roast/stew/casserole/stirfry/tagine its non-stick and can also go in the oven. This l got from amazon - bought my daughter one as well. The induction hob is quicker at boiling water then an electric kettle.  l like to read reviews as well.

l chose the induction hob really for the safety angle - as l am wobbly -and would not be safe near a gas hob with its naked flame. lt is one of the best things l have done. Heston Blumingwhatsit said his perfect kitchen would have a ten ring induction hob. No more slaving over a hot stove - as no heat comes from the hob itself -its the pan that conducts the heat.

F.