Rebif

Hi Guys, not been on for a while. Had a pretty rough two months. I had another flare up which caused problems with my right eye. I have now been wearing a patch for two weeks as without it i can only see double. :frowning: Anyway moving onto topic, I recently started rebif. I have the rebi smart device. When i inject there always seems to be a small amount of medication that comes back out…I have played around with the comfort settings but it doesnt seem to make much difference. Can anyone suggest anything or has anyone experienced the same problem? Thanks Kelly

Hiya Kelly I’ve not used the Rebismart but I did use the old autoinjector and now inject manually (I’ve gone from Rebif to Copaxone now). I used to find that the liquid might leak back out a bit If I pulled the needle out quickly. I found it was best to count to 10 after pressing the button. This gived it time to ‘settle’ a bit before you pull the needle out. Sue x

Hi Kelly, I have been on Rebif now for 8 weeks and use the rebismart. I have noticed a little bit of liquid as well when I lift the device up after injecting. My Rebif nurse told me this was quite normal and just wipe the liquid away with a tissue. Hope you will soon be feeling better. I noticed when I went up to full dose 44 I had some bad headaches and my legs felt heavy and knotty but things seemed to have settled down now. Take care Cathy

Thanks for your advice :smiley:

smh wrote:

Hiya Kelly I’ve not used the Rebismart but I did use the old autoinjector and now inject manually (I’ve gone from Rebif to Copaxone now). I used to find that the liquid might leak back out a bit If I pulled the needle out quickly. I found it was best to count to 10 after pressing the button. This gived it time to ‘settle’ a bit before you pull the needle out. Sue x

Sorry to snoop but I just wonder why you had to change from rebif to copaxone? I’m on rebif but bloods keep playing up and I wonder if a change for me is on the horizon>??? Would love to hear reason - very cheeky - sorry - Roger.

smh wrote:

Thanks Sue. The thing is with the rebismart it does it all for you. I have it set on the maximum needle depth and its set to stay in for 18 seconds so I dont actually have to pull out the needle.