Forum

Rebif withdrawals

hi, I am coming off rebif soon to start tecifideria…anyone know if I will have any withdrawal symptoms? I have to come off two weeks before I start tec however as the jabs are so painful and hard to do now I am thinking of stopping sooner and waiting for tec to start which will be mid February?

thanks in advance xxxx

Hi Lisa

I am back on Rebif now but was on it 5 years ago and stopped because my injection sites were sore. At that time my neuro said there was no need to come off slowly but safe to just stop. I had no withdrawal symptoms at all.

Good luck with the tec.

Shazzie xx

1 Like

thanks Shazzie xxx

Hi Lisa, I was on Rebif for a few years & had no problems stopping straight away, no withdrawal symptoms at all.

Rosina x

Hi guys I stopped Rebif for Techfidera about 6 months ago no withdrawals from Rebif I basically stopped one day and started Techfidera the next. First pill I took I came out in hives and went really hot made me. Worried bout taking the next it was fine I did have a dodgy tummy and loose stools for about 3.months but bear with it. I still get the hot flushes in my face often but I kinda like it lol I’m wierd though but it doesn’t last long I cold days it’s a welcome warmth lol. Bear with the Techfidera though I thought when having dodgy tummy tht I might have to give up but it settled down. Good luck hope it works out well for u xxx

Thanks ive been trying to post for the last two days but for some reason it wouldn’t let me do so :frowning: I think it’s going to be February as they have so mzny people changing to tec but I’m fine with that as I want to time it with my son’s half term and when is best within my workload … get homeworking end Jan beg feb so that will be handy in case of side effects etc. But as I dread every injection now and they are painful I am in two minds whether to stop that sooner anyway. But worried if doing that would cause problems? I think my med team suggest coming off two weeks before to reduce any chance of interaction with the rebif … they’ve not said this just me presuming. Thanks Lorrai too for you’re input … good to know how people are doing on tec. I hope I do well on it as I hate ny injections now. :frowning: injection night tonight …dreading it as unsure where to do it my sites are that painful x

I used to dread injection time do I knw tht feeling and it’s also a sign to change to pills. Keep tht in mind in early days. If all else fails u will have the option of changing back I kept that in my head as well so u have nothing to lose changing. I will add the delivery people don’t seam as good with the Techfidera as either copaxon or Rebif. I’ve had a few problems but maybe urs where I live in Glasgow keep on top of them and I’ll be fine. Good luck not many more injections left for u xx

I used to dread injection time do I knw tht feeling and it’s also a sign to change to pills. Keep tht in mind in early days. If all else fails u will have the option of changing back I kept that in my head as well so u have nothing to lose changing. I will add the delivery people don’t seam as good with the Techfidera as either copaxon or Rebif. I’ve had a few problems but maybe urs where I live in Glasgow keep on top of them and I’ll be fine. Good luck not many more injections left for u xx