Problems with FES

Hello,

I have been using an FES since mid December, 2 1/2 months. The power level has been set to 50% and I have been walking almost normally. Suddenly it stopped working at 50% , I tried new electrodes but no good. The only solution was to increase the power to 70 - 80/% to get the response to the muscle that I was getting before.

This all happened quite suddenly. Does anyone have any idea what is going on and what I can do about it?

Thanks,

Patrick

Does it need a new battery?

I went to Queens Square last week after years of using Salisbury and was quite surprised when the physio suggested setting the power to 50%, as I normally set my fes to 12 and then make small adjustments when needed. I appreciate different people may need the high power, but seemed to be a strange default setting.

Anyway, have you checked the electrode leads for wear and cracking, as they can get stiff with time and lose their ability to conduct properly.

Also, if the battery is ok, then the tags inside the stimulator are worth checking to make sure there is a good contact.

Apart from sending Salisbury a mail and asking them for advice, the user group may be able to suggest a possible solution.

http://odstockmedical.com/join-our-yahoo-user-group