Pregabolin and Anitriptoleen (cant spell)

PreGabolin and Anitriptoleen (however u spell it)

Hi all , has anyone had this combination before or separate, i have had a year of pain and finally this combination seem to be moving the pain in the back ground. I can feel the pain but its like its in the back ground if that makes any sense.

Also feel in my head very light headed and everything miles away.

Would appreciate some others experiences of this and if its just me and to come off them, however i am loving the less pain.

Mark

Hi Mark,

I was pescribed amitriptyline & pregabalin for pain. The amitriptyline made me far too drowsy to function! Was taken off and then my dosage upped on pregabalin.I was offered a different form of TCA (anti-d) to take with preagablin but feel for me it is not effective. This was working well then 3 weeks later had a suspected allergic reaction and was covered in rashes all over! Was taken off and am now on gabapentin which works well, i know what you mean about pain being in the background, drugs for me only seem to keep the pain at a bareable level!

Glad you are having some relief from the pains, if you are happy on the combination there should be no reason to come off but as you mentioned feeling light headed and dizzy maybe worth adjusting the dosage? Can take a lot of to-ing and fro-ing. Hope it all works out for you and the pain free chapter continues!!! x

Hiya Mark,

I take both pregabilin and amiltripline and find they both work well but I did initially have problems getting to the dose that suited me. I felt very drowsy on amiltripline on a higher does than I am on now and very light headed when I started on the pregabalin on too high a dose. Now that I started my dose lower and allowed my body to get used to the new meds and then slowly increased them everything is fine now and it is a great pain relief.

I know exactly what you mean about the pain being in the background as I feel it now but so much better than not being on the meds and would never forget to take them.

Have a good day.

Martina x

Hi I take both of these, but have been on a very low dose as they make me feel light headed and I would do even more daft things than normal. I have just started to increase the Pregablin again (with Neuro’s consent) as the pain is pretty unbearable.

I did say I would rather put up with the pain than not be able to function normally, but I am not convinced anymore.

How long have you been on them?

Jaycie

Hi I take both of these, but have been on a very low dose as they make me feel light headed and I would do even more daft things than normal. I have just started to increase the Pregablin again (with Neuro’s consent) as the pain is pretty unbearable.

I did say I would rather put up with the pain than not be able to function normally, but I am not convinced anymore.

How long have you been on them?

Jaycie