Forum

PPMS family

Just thinking about us ! I see a Mum,Dad, auntie,big sister and lots of sisters and 2 brothers.

polite comments only please!!

Pauline xx

4 Likes

I like it Pauline!

You can’t leave us in suspense…name mames!

Nina x

2 Likes

I was thinking, just the other night, how you feel like family. Although I’ve not met any of you I can talk to you about things that I can’t to my own family as they get upset and worry and try to wrap me in cotton wool. But you all understand. I hadn’t considered any roles though, so come on, spill please.

Cath xx

2 Likes

The age I feel, I must be the great grandmother!!!

I got to laugh, cos if I didn’t, I would cry.

Take care family, hope you all have a good day.

Pam x

3 Likes

Indeed. Well, I’m male, mid 40s, married father of two. So in terms of this group, put me down as; puzzling son / weary dad / grumpy husband / deeply cynical brother, cousin or uncle. Just about does it.

3 Likes

Well I’ve been called Aunty on her several times… maybe that’s my role?

Although like Pam I feel like great grandmother!

Certainly does feel like family on here. Whenever I feel really bad I think of you guys and know that you have the same struggle… it helps no end.

I always seem to be saying to people… ‘A friend on the MS forum was saying the other day…’

Went on scooter to bank atm… took my recycling down to skip room… and now on bed completely knackered!

Love to all,

Pat xx

4 Likes

you feel like family to me,i would be lost without my cyber family… love to you all

J x

3 Likes

Nah… Can’t spill the beans, each of us will have our own idea of who fit’s what roles.(cop out I hear you say! ) I never thought of Granny cause my life form ones weren’t nice people.please join me for a Group hug .

Pauline xx

4 Likes

Happy to be the slightly ditzy Granny! Mine were wonderful! It was my parents that weren’t so nice!

As to my qualifications…expirience…four grandchilren already…9 years to 18 years

Probably the oldest on here…62…63 in three months.

However, if I do become the forum Granny I reserve the right to keep Pat as my favorite aunty. Complicated but its a deal breaker !

love to all,

Nina x

3 Likes

I feel like you are all my kin too.

But as the eldest of seven, can I please be he naughty little sister (yes, I know I’m in my 40’s but my naughty little sis turns 40 pretty soon!) sniggers

I think, quite simply, I don’t feel that I can be the “responsible one” anymore when I need so much looking after now… lets just call it regression

Sonia x

4 Likes

I was always the baby of the family and now at 58 and a grand dad in my own right I am officially fed up being the youngest. I don’t think my brothers or sister will ever see me as grown up. But when I behave like my shoe size is my age I spose they do have a point. Don

5 Likes

Can I be a Cousin nobody knew they had

Jan x

4 Likes

Jan I have got a cousin we keep loosing you can be her replacement. She keeps moving and dont tell anyone I have no idea where her or her daughter are still up until now they have always turned up …eventually

3 Likes

If she’s anything like me Cuz it’s simply forgetfulness

Jan x

1 Like

In my head I’m still about 27 and fit and active. So I would like to be whatever that makes me rather than a wheelchair bound 60 yr old!

Kev x

3 Likes

Talking about our little group - I’ve recently seen a lot more names of people posting. Have I had a major lapse in concentration or has our family recently expanded quite a bit? Either way I’ll cover all bases, can I just say welcome to all the new members, and if it’s all just my memory playing up I’ll have to be the senile old great grandma! Take care

Cath xx

3 Likes

Dont worry Cath…I will be there to keep you company!

Nina x

4 Likes

Go forth and multiply! We are the Primary Progressives… I’m the sister with a sandwich short of a picnic.

Nina & Cath don’t say that! Your my clever sisters.

Pauline xx

6 Likes

Oh Pauline if only! think in my other life I used to be relatively inteligent…now I am just a dodo…but a happy dodo!

Nina x

3 Likes

I’m with you there Nina. I had a very responsible job, a reasonably high IQ and really good vocabulary in 2 languages. Now I just about get by with lots of “thingys” and “whatsits” and can’t count to 15 if there’s any distractions. Quite pathetic I’d say, but hey, I’m still smiling. You don’t have to be clever to be happy, in fact I’m more settled now than I’ve ever been - probably too stupid to know that things could be better. Don’t remind me what I’m missing because I obviously don’t need it.

Cath xx

2 Likes