Forum

Potine Tegmental

Good morning to everyone

Happy christmas, soon be christmas, time for sharing and relaxing.

Got my brain scan results from my neuro, i asked for a copy of letter that was sent to my GP,

There was no additional lesions which support the MS diagnoses form 3 years ago- that was a good result.

However there was another issue Pontine Tegmental (PTCD) -non- progressive disease which effects various issues as the symptoms of MS do.

Has anyone out there had this diagnosed?

Thanks

Mark

Hello Mark,

I’ve just googled the term. Has anyone said if it’s related to sleep patterns? A lot of us have a dreadful time with regular sleep. If that were the case, should it officially come under the MS umbrella of symptoms? (questions questions).

I wonder how many neurologists have not mentioned it because they have thought it too complex to explain?

Anyway, tanks for introducing me to a new term-with knowledge comes wisdom.

Best wishes, Steve.

Hi Mark

Never heard of it, so I googled it, and it appears to relate to sleep. I, like many others, have terrible problems sleeping, but mine is because of pain in my legs caused by ms.

Interesting though, thanks.

Pam x

Hi Mark

Never heard of it, so I googled it, and it appears to relate to sleep. I, like many others, have terrible problems sleeping, but mine is because of pain in my legs caused by ms.

Interesting though, thanks.

Pam x

Hi Mark

This phrase really confuses me

“There was no additional lesions which support the MS diagnoses form 3 years ago- that was a good result”.

as surely new lesions would be expected for someone with a diagnosis of MS.

I have suspected MS but as have no no lesions (just the one on spinal cord) then an MS is not supported.

I read about the other thing, is it something that you are born with ?

Take Care

Moyna xxx

Good morning Moyne,

You are right that it is good there were no more lesions but even so the ms is progressing nicely, as for the other thing, it is the lesion & demyelination of the brain stem.

The symptoms are very similar to ms.

Took some digging but found the answer eventually.

Off to see my GP next week for confirmation of what I have found out.

Thanks & take care

lv mark x

1 Like

Good afternoon everyone,

sorry it has been a while but i have had a spell when my hands did not want to work as they should so typing was a no no,

my GP confirmed what i found out about the pontine Tegmental and that the symtoms are very similar to that of ms, sleep being one of them.

I hope you are all as well as you can be, looks like we ae going to get some nasty weather now.

Might give work a miss for a while and stay at home.

Take care

Mark