Possible MS

Hi

I am new to this site. I have just turned 50 and had MS type symptoms over 20 years ago to my right side of my body and since then some relapses over the years. At the time I had an MRI scan that showed legions on brain but was inconclusive so didn’t pursue it again. Just recently I have had shooting pains to the right side of the abdomen and tightness of right arm for which the doctor has referred me to neurologist. I have always thought I probably do have MS but have the feeling do I really want to know one way or the other. I work as a wheelchair technician so come across MS quite a lot so I am aware of symptoms.

Does anyone have any thoughts of positive points finding out for once and for all as not sure it would make any difference.

OK, positive points coming up: Well if you go ahead then a) if you turn out to be RRMS then there are treatments which could also delay secondary b) if you are progressive then there are treatments coming up to help (high dose biotin, ocrevus ) and it takes time to get through the system to see a neuro so you want to start the process asap c) you’d get the support of an MS nurse d) it could be something else e.g trapped nerve etc which needs treating.

That’s all I can think of! Good luck :slight_smile:

Thanks for your positive comments much appreciated.

Hi Can anyone help. I am aware of problems MS can have on issues with pain in the arms but I have had pain that goes from shoulder to elbow and wrist as well as numbness on fingers for over two months. Has anyone had this for this long. I am awaiting to see both a neurologist regarding MS symptoms and a physio as looking for diagnosis one way or the other. Any comments would be grateful