Planning your New Year Resolutions

Ohhh, these are boring, but sometimes the boring ones are easier to keep

1. Check EHIC card still valid - and apply for a new one if not. You never know when you’re going to be whisked away to somewhere exotic! Available free here:

http://www.ehic.org.uk

1. Errr, turn out your medicine cabinet and chuck out medicines that are out of date. Very therapeutic, this one, as well as being good for your family’s health.

2. Book an appointment to review ALL your meds with your GP, and go along armed with a list of symptoms so that you can check nothing gets forgotten.

Anyone got any more essential (boring) resolutions or, better still, some fun ones?

Lolli xx

hi lolli

i have done all 3 recently! 1-checked for hol. 2-son checked it all. 3-its a very smalllist for me-checked every 3 months.

my suggestion is to find something to smile about every day. i find it impossible to just think/do one. even in challenging 2012 there is ALWAYS something that has made me smile.

ellie x

I’m going to find a violin teacher and get into the local orchestra. I need music. I’m half a person without live harmonies.

I’m going to find the courage to busk and find other musicians. Time to get out there and meet people. There’s a Sunday market that is good for that sort of thing and stop moaning about being a lonely musician. You have to make your own luck with this sort of thing.

I’m going to finish that romance novel.

And I’m going to get those damn holes in the roof fixed! This year will be the year for a proper roof and interior walls and even electrics. About bloody time too.

Happy Christmas Lollipop and here’s to a good year to come. Hugs xxxx

I am going to get up one hour earlier every day.

Don’t do it for too many days or you’ll soon be getting up before you’ve even gone to bed!!

I’d like to get up one hour later but the boys wouldn’t get up for school! Teresa xx

I’d like to stop falling asleep in the middle of a programme I’m watching and wake up just in time to see the finishing credits!

Janet

x

Go to the dentist… haven’t been for a year!

Not making an appointment because it might rain is really a pathetic excuse…

Pat x

Come out of the closet as it were, and admit to coming on here.

I will have to shut down tomorrow and not come on until everything is back to normal in the new year and I will miss you all.

So I hope you all survive the festivities and even more that you also ENJOY whatever it is that you are doing

Pip

Merry christmas to you too Pip.and all the best for 2013

jaki xx

Years ago I made a resolution to stop making resolutions…It’s been tough but I’ve stuck to it.

Wb

WB Me too x

Hi,

I made a New Year Resolution a few years ago not to buy anything black, ie. clothes or shoes. I’m a firm believer in colour therapy - black just makes me feel invisible and annonymous. I also believe that what colours you wear effects how others respond/relate to you. I also read that black is a very dense colour and makes things look more solid. It’s a myth that black is slimming - it’s only slimming on those who’re already slim. Those who’re overweight should avoid it as it emphasises their size.

Not decided on a resolution for this year yet.

Heather

Hope I`ve caught you Pip, before you log off till new year. Hope you have a lovely Christmas.

You`ve always been a good support to me and for that, i thank you.

luv Pollx

I’m also with you on this one

[quote=“pip”]

Come out of the closet as it were, and admit to coming on here.

I will have to shut down tomorrow and not come on until everything is back to normal in the new year and I will miss you all.

So I hope you all survive the festivities and even more that you also ENJOY whatever it is that you are doing

Pip

[/quote] Will miss you Pip, hope you have a peaceful, painfree Christmas and look forward to seeing your posts again in the New Year.

Janet

x