PIP

OK here we go. Anon.

If you have a need for a careworker or help with care i.e. you must or you wouldnt be applying for PIP, you ring adult social services and tell them you have MS and are struggling with your care needs and mobility. They should send in someone from the local services to assess you for a care plan need. Now you can apply for direct payments and they will decide how many hours you are entitled too and will do a care plan for you. this is also the case even if you can afford to pay for it yourself.

I got 10 hours and a full care plan.

You will also get a financial assessment to see if you can pay for it yourself or if the government will pay for it through direct payments.

Its worth having i would never have survived without my ladies for 10 hours a week. when i applied for pip i sent a copy of the paln to the assessors.

good luck, its just a phone call and can change your life it changed mine.

1 Like

You can also include letters written by people who provide you with care. So even if you don’t have a care plan provided by the local authority (and I must admit, I had one done and it was terrible, full of factual errors, even getting my husband’s name correct at one point, then calling him something completely different at several others), you can get evidence from carers.

I also included photos of equipment around the house, so photos of my wetroom for instance, showing grab bars by the loo, shower chair, etc.

Sue

1 Like

Hello all, I had my physical assesment this morning which was performed by an extremely nice young chap. I inquired (just out of interest) if he was a nurse, physiotherapist or paramedic but he said that he wasn’t allowed to tell me?!?! I think that I answered all the questions (again!!) correctly and when he went upstairs to use the loo, he must have seen the walk in shower etc, as he seemed to be even more sure of my illness when he came down. I won’t celebrate yet as I was told that my letter will take 4 - 6 weeks to arrive. The tests he performed on me were just like the neurologist does. Hopefully I am off the hook and will still receive my allowance. Moira

Fingers crossed for you Moira.

Sue