Forum

PIP mobility guidance changed ?

I’ve just seen on the Rights net forum that there has apparently been a change in the guidance on the mobility component after engagement with the MS society, , but I can’t find any details ?

Does anyone know anything ?

June

I don’t think there has been a change to PIP. The change is all about the Blue Badge Scheme being extended to include people with ‘hidden disabilities’.

Sue

It’s supposed to be in the PIP assessment guide , updated today , but I can’t find any details ?

June

I’ve found the updated assessment guide, but there are no changes in the mobility points assessment. Exactly the same points are awarded for the same level of ability, both psychological and physical. There is likely to be some small changes in the wording - important to legality, but making no practical difference from the users experience.

If you do a search for PIP assessment guide part 1 (then the same but part 2 and part 3), you can see the guides. But without having a copy of the old assessment guides and doing a word by word comparison, I can’t see a difference. What I have done is compare the points awarded for each Descriptor within each of the Mobility Activities, and I cant see a change.

Sue

Thanks Sue.

I couldn’t see any difference either, at least from what I can remember of the previous version of the guide.

I wonder what the change is then . All it says is ‘after engagement with the MS society’.

June